What are you hoping to achieve?

Options
2»

Replies

• lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My goals are to just have a long-term healthier diet, keep in the mid-to-low heathy weight range, have good medical numbers and just be active. I don't have specific goals to run a 5k (hate running) or having cut muscles. I just want to continue to walk 4 miles in under an hour or ride for a few hours at a time or go on a long hike.

My mom is 5'1", 300lbs and barely can move. I've never been medically overweight, but bad eating habits and lack of exercise I was inched very close to the normal-overweight line. I see her struggle and I do not want to be in that position.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

-Build muscle, all the way
    -Super toned, with nice definition
    -Toned and fit but not too fit
    -Slim but not necessarily toned or that fit
    -I don't care/don't know/can't think about the finished product until I'm closer
    -Other?
    \

Imma need visual aids for these. All the way? Nice definition? Not too fit? These sound mighty subjective to me.

Of course it's all mighty subjective and visual aids are pointless as with different body shapes and different abilities to respond and tone will can give people different looks at the same levels of development/fitness. I offered up some ideas so people understood where I was coming from re what they are hoping to achieve. I just want to know for fun what people are hoping to achieve rather than running a scientific experiment.

I daresay most of us understood.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My goal....

awesomeness-seal-1.gif
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I want, other than to be healthy.

My goal is to prove myself wrong. I've never been really large, but I haven't been really in shape either. Mostly because of negative self-talk. "I can't do this. I can't stick to it. I can't maintain it." I've always seen some difference in ability between me and the people who are super in shape, some inherent difference. Not in body type, but some sort of personality flaw. Laziness, maybe. And I'm proving to myself that I can do it. I deserve to be smoking hot for the rest of my 20s and long past.

So my goal is less physical and more mental.