C section mummies !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I'm a daddy but have had a couple surgeries that were just as evasive if not more. One leaving a vertical scar from my belly button to my penls and a horizontal one on my right abs much like a c section.

All the exercises you mention will not help get rid of the pouch unfortunately, but will help strengthen the area slightly :) and are good for your heart, lungs, etc...as cardio doesn't do much at all for you physical change but your cardiovascular system.

Do you know your body fat percentage?

I personally do zero ab exercises and zero aerobics. It's hard to tell from my profile pic, but there is virtually no pouch, and only scar tissue that can be felt.

According to online body fat calculators in about 20.5-20.7 % fat now! I'm low I know that and it's def improved how it looks but if I loose much more I think I'm gonna end up loosing my boobs ! I really don't want that as that creates another problem

20s are fairly low for females.

Boob loss is real. You can try recomping with weights or even do a small surplus bulk and cut cycle. A progressive lifting routing involving squats, deadlift, and pull ups will help build muscle and perhaps fill out the area a bit.

Do you have a front/side view of the pouch? It might help with accessing what the best plan of attack is.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a daddy but have had a couple surgeries that were just as evasive if not more. One leaving a vertical scar from my belly button to my penls and a horizontal one on my right abs much like a c section.
    n2bwrke3fi1w.jpeg

All the exercises you mention will not help get rid of the pouch unfortunately, but will help strengthen the area slightly :) and are good for your heart, lungs, etc...as cardio doesn't do much at all for you physical change but your cardiovascular system.

Do you know your body fat percentage?

I personally do zero ab exercises and zero aerobics. It's hard to tell from my profile pic, but there is virtually no pouch, and only scar tissue that can be felt.

According to online body fat calculators in about 20.5-20.7 % fat now! I'm low I know that and it's def improved how it looks but if I loose much more I think I'm gonna end up loosing my boobs ! I really don't want that as that creates another problem

20s are fairly low for females.

Boob loss is real. You can try recomping with weights or even do a small surplus bulk and cut cycle. A progressive lifting routing involving squats, deadlift, and pull ups will help build muscle and perhaps fill out the area a bit.

Do you have a front/side view of the pouch? It might help with accessing what the best plan of attack is.

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am a c-section mummy. Had my baby 4 1/2 months ago...have been gentle with the excersize so far but going to maybe join some classes to ramp it up a bit now. TBH I didn't have a flat stomach before but the still pregnant look is wearing thin! I was just glad my skin didn't look too loose.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I think the lifting people might have something because I love cardio and I've had 2 sections and my stuff is all fluffy still. I'm gonna try to start lifting after I heal up from c section #3 which should be in January. You'd think chasing 3 and 5 year old boys would equal weight loss...maybe throwing that 3rd kid in the mix will do it. lol
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have not reached a flat stomach but I do know one woman who had one c section that has a six pack. She works out all the time and she eats extremely healthy so I do know it can be done.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    C section mommy here. Plus I had twins. Weight loss and kickboxing improved my stomach a lot but i still would consider it my problem area. Mostly due to waiting for my skin to snap back after my weight loss.
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've had a csection and hated what it did to my tummy. It is so much better now. I got a tattoo a while back to cover up the scar so you really can't tell I've had a c-section anymore. I do have a slight hang over above my scar tissue but it's barely noticeable anymore..

Yeah, that's what I've got-- a small overhang. No stretch marks, and the scars have gone. But-- that overhang... It's not a huge big deal but I'd get it fixed if I could afford it.

Patty- gettng a tattoo was a good idea. I wonder if a tattoo could be designed to camouflage the little "shelf"? hmmm I have no tattoos but that might make me get one!

I meant to come back to this post. Yes, the tattoo definitely helped disguise the overhang. You can still see it a little but mostly if I'm naked and only the hubby sees me like that.
  • tuxmomoftoo
    tuxmomoftoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Could be diastasis recti. Sit ups and planks can actually make it worse. There's a simple at home test to see if this is your issue. It can be fixed with surgery however, more "gentle" exercises can also help to close the gap.