Biggest Loser 5k, Erie, PA

Options
I was wondering if any females from MFP is attending this race/walk and is looking for someone to share in hotel expense?? I signed up for this event and am so excited about it, but my friend who was suppose to go and share in expenses backed out. Now I'm bummed, I'm traveling from Michigan and thinking about taking the Amtrak, otherwise I'll have to rent a car and drive by myself ....ugh. I've never traveled by myself before, so I'm a nervous wreck, but I have looked forward to this 5k for months and really want to go.

Is anyone else going, didn't know where else to put this out there, so thought I'd try here.

Sherry

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'd be weary of sharing a hotel room with a stranger. Maybe just ask just to run the race with you if you're nervous about doing it alone.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm from Erie! PM me with the info. I might drive up, but I wouldn't stay over. I know the area well. I'm in Pittsburgh. I'd be walking it though.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm from Erie as well, although I live in England and have done for 10 years!
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    Oh, I see the walk is sold out. Maybe next year.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'll be signing up next year as well. We should do a biggest loser 5k group :bigsmile:
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    Definately!
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    Yeah...I wasn't to sure about posting for a hotel room mate, but just sad I might have to miss this 5k when I was so looking forward to it. Just so nervous about going it alone, I've never been to Pennsylvania, actually I've never been hardly anywhere at all. This was suppose to be a fun girls weekend, stay 2 - 3 days, do the walk and then tour around Erie, but I don't know why I trusted this friend was going to go, she pretty much backs out of almost all our plans. Oh well.....guess I'll have to see what I can figure out, maybe next year they will come to Michigan.

Sherry