Petite girl help?

Options
Hey guys.

So I'm 4'11 132lbs down from 246.

My BMI is 27 and I am 15 or so pounds from being a normal BMI but right now I am overweight.

I'm concerned with clothes shopping just because I am wearing size 4/6 (which is fine) but size Small and Extra Small for tops!

I also am having people tell me I don't need to lose more but I think it's more so because I'm petite rather than skinny as I have a very high body fat percentage but them saying this along with me wearing a size small has made me become more complacent and slacking with my counting. I've been over eating for about a month, coincides with my birth control which I'm about to get rid of (huge appetite increase).

Anyway, once I get down to a normal bmi, I want to get to around 100lbs and then bulk to 115lbs with muscle what size will I wear? Where will I buy clothes from?

I understand like Target and Old Navy runs huge or whatever but I have even shopped at Zara and Urban Outfitters and am still wearing a 4/6 and Small and Extra Smalls.

Any advice?

o8dugo.jpg
mubu9z.jpg

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm a little taller than you at 5'2...I feel your pain tho! It's always hard to find clothes that fit properly, in all the areas at the same time. Where are you from? I'm in Ontario Canada, they have Giant Tiger here, and they seem to cater to smaller ladies, I have no problem finding tops or bottoms that fit and that I'm not walking on all the time (I'll bet you know what I'm talking about!)...also Old Navy is great, Ricki's has a petite section as does Reitmans if you're looking for business casual..
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight, my lower body was still in a bigger size than my upper body. I was wearing small/XS tops while still wearing 4-6pants. As you continue to slowly burn off the remaining fat, your lower body will slim down even more. I ended up with a 0 on the bottom. I have gained/bulked back up to a 2. Since you are shorter, you will need to look for petites. Old Navy carries 0P. You might also look at Juniors sizing in a short length. Are you strength training?
  • displaced1
    displaced1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. If you want to lose more to get into a normal weight category, you should keep after your goals. You may also consider if the people telling you not to lose anymore weight knew you when you were heavier. They may compare you to how you were before instead of compare to what your goal is (they think you're skinny relative to what you used to weigh). But do what's right for you and try to have a stock phrase to say if they mention you don't need to lose weight: "I want a healthy BMI," or, "I want to be the healthiest I can be," etc.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Honestly there's no way to know for sure what your size will be, it's possible that for the last couple pounds you'll start getting smaller in the bottom half. I think since you're still in the overweight BMI you could continue to lose weight and see how you feel. If you don't like the way you look at 100 pounds then at least it's easier to gain weight than it is to lose it lol (or at least for me it would be, obviously not for everyone). Don't worry about what other people are saying either! Congrats on the weight loss :smile:
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall and ~113 pounds. I wear a small or extra small top, and a 00-2 for bottoms.

Part of the issue is vanity sizing - a small or 2 for today is not the same as what it was in the past.

You look great :) If you aren't doing strength training right now, getting started would be good - it's easier to preserve existing muscle than it is to build new.

I've had decent luck shopping at Gap for clothes - the pants I just bought are a smidge too long, even though they're petite, but they fit well and I'm not in their smallest size yet, so I call that I win.

~Lyssa
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight, my lower body was still in a bigger size than my upper body. I was wearing small/XS tops while still wearing 4-6pants. As you continue to slowly burn off the remaining fat, your lower body will slim down even more. I ended up with a 0 on the bottom. I have gained/bulked back up to a 2. Since you are shorter, you will need to look for petites. Old Navy carries 0P. You might also look at Juniors sizing in a short length. Are you strength training?

Yeah I've been strength training for 3 years since the beginning of the journey. I still have so much body fat to lose though. I'm thinking of raising my calories to 1500 instead of 1200 and going harder with the strength since I'm down to the last 30 lbs.

I'm not sure if it's for soon for me to raise my calories though, I'm confused.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You can raise them if you feel the need to, just try to stay in a deficit of about 200-250. What is confusing? Yes, if you raise the calories, your weight loss will slow down. But it won't stop unless you increase to maintenance or above.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i am also 4'11". in my opinion you look fantastic! when i weighed in the 130's i was wearing tops in L or M and size 8/10 pants, and now that i'm within the suggested BMI range i'm M or S tops (broad shoulders) and 4/6 pants (wide hips). i don't expect to go much smaller than that, although i can fit into some XS running pants and some XS tops depending on the style. i have the best luck shopping for petite sizes, but to be honest i live in yoga clothes, running clothes, jeans, and casual dresses. i love that dress in your pic, btw.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

So I'm 4'11 132lbs down from 246.

My BMI is 27 and I am 15 or so pounds from being a normal BMI but right now I am overweight.

I'm concerned with clothes shopping just because I am wearing size 4/6 (which is fine) but size Small and Extra Small for tops!

I also am having people tell me I don't need to lose more but I think it's more so because I'm petite rather than skinny as I have a very high body fat percentage but them saying this along with me wearing a size small has made me become more complacent and slacking with my counting. I've been over eating for about a month, coincides with my birth control which I'm about to get rid of (huge appetite increase).

Anyway, once I get down to a normal bmi, I want to get to around 100lbs and then bulk to 115lbs with muscle what size will I wear? Where will I buy clothes from?

I understand like Target and Old Navy runs huge or whatever but I have even shopped at Zara and Urban Outfitters and am still wearing a 4/6 and Small and Extra Smalls.

Any advice?

o8dugo.jpg
    mubu9z.jpg

Hey :) I'm 4'9 and congrats on your weightloss you've come a long way.

ignore other peoples comments and do what you want to do.

Anywho, hard to say what size you will be. Especially with your height, everyone is a bit different in terms of shape and size so it is impossible to say.

Even when Overweight I was still a UK size 8 (US size 4) in most things. And that wasn't because I didn't have too much fat, I just like you am very petite. So things like my rib cage are much smaller than average, therefore I could fit into smaller sizes even with the extra padding.