How to keep it up.

Options
Hey everyone,

So I've lost 36 lbs since March, by starting the couch to 5k program and running 4 times a week. At first, I was really good about my "life change" (My word for diet because diets are so temporary, and I want this to last) and kept it on track, but I've noticed a small trend, and I'm constantly paying less and less attention to my diet. Everyday, I tell myself I'll get back into it, and everyday I fail. I'm still running 3-4 times a week, which really helps, but I know that if I don't get it under control, it won't do any good. (I haven't lost a single pound for 5 weeks.)

Anyone have any advice? I'm really looking for a solution that I can keep doing for the rest of my life, and I know there are no quick fixes.

EDIT: To be more specific, I went to a nutritionist who gave me a plan, and I followed it to a T at first, but found I began to tire of the bland foods that I was supposed to eat. Everything just had no taste and I began dreading meals. I no longer see the nutritionist though, since they're quite expensive. (70 euros just for 30 minutes...x__X)

Replies

• ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to not try to change your whole diet at once, but to make a series of small, easy-to-sustain changes that build on each other. The way I eat now and the way I ate six months ago are poles apart and I know that six-months-ago me would have struggled like crazy if I had tried to make every change overnight. For example, the first change I made in my diet was promising myself that for every lunch and dinner, there would be at least one vegetable on my plate. The next week, instead of buying chocolate bars to snack on, I made myself a tub of dried fruit and nuts instead. And so on and so forth. The little habit changes add up, and because I made them incrementally, I found them much easier to stick to.