20 LBS down, 80 LBS to go!

I started in Jan, lost 13 lbs by mid Feb and then took a long break until the beginning of July. Now I'm 20 lbs down, and though it's not a HUGE loss, it's made quite a difference in my tummy.

The tank in the after picture is the same style and size as the beforest pic, just different color.

aillbmk2ff3k.jpg

I can't wait to keep going!

Replies

• julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Awesome!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    That's a huge difference!! Way to go-you can do this!! :)
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 197 Member
    That is a big change-well done
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Great progress!!!
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Great job
  • karema30
    karema30 Posts: 2 Member
    Good job
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    that's a good strategy..just lose some weight.. maintain.. then start up again when you want.. it will get done that way! great work.
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Way to go!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice job!
  • venky2017
    venky2017 Posts: 17 Member
    I am trying from the same time but I only lost 10 lbs
    I regularly eat fruits veggies and does swimming
    Can you share any tips or diet plan
  • tigersgrowl1093
    tigersgrowl1093 Posts: 45 Member
    I am trying from the same time but I only lost 10 lbs
    I regularly eat fruits veggies and does swimming
    Can you share any tips or diet plan

My biggest tip would be to use a food scale and weigh all of your food. Before the scale, I was constantly underestimating the calories in my food.

It would also depend on how much you have to lose - the less you have, the longer it'll take to come off.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Nice job!
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    Measuring, great point. It is SO easy to mis-estimate nutrition and portion size. What's helped me in my (modest) progress so far is metering my breakfast. I used to just DUMP cereal into a bowl to eat. Then refill it half again later. I'm not talking fruit loops...they were cheerios and rice krispies...but looking at the serving size, I now do a cup of each...plus a cup of soy milk, plus a banana. That's a 400 Cal breakfast, right there. I bet before I was cranking 6-700 Cals. Times 10-12 days....that's a pound of fat deficit right there.
    Yeah, I'm really hungry by lunch time. But I realized something....I'm supposed to be hungry for lunch!
  • tigersgrowl1093
    tigersgrowl1093 Posts: 45 Member
    AJF230 wrote: »
    Measuring, great point. It is SO easy to mis-estimate nutrition and portion size. What's helped me in my (modest) progress so far is metering my breakfast. I used to just DUMP cereal into a bowl to eat. Then refill it half again later. I'm not talking fruit loops...they were cheerios and rice krispies...but looking at the serving size, I now do a cup of each...plus a cup of soy milk, plus a banana. That's a 400 Cal breakfast, right there. I bet before I was cranking 6-700 Cals. Times 10-12 days....that's a pound of fat deficit right there.
    Yeah, I'm really hungry by lunch time. But I realized something....I'm supposed to be hungry for lunch!

This was absolutely me! Even though I've been measuring for a few months, I still tend to underestimate calories when I don't have my scale.

I know that once I get to maintenance I won't be so dependent on it, but it's definitely a nice tool to use during weight loss - it's one less thing I have to concern myself with.

Oh, another thing I use my scale for is to pre-portion meat and snacks for the week. I try to avoid snacking, but it's also nice to have an emergency 100 calorie snack in the cupboard or fridge - since it's already weighed and portioned, it's easy to grab.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!