Veggies

jlynnem13
jlynnem13 Posts: 12 Member
I need some tasty veggies recipes.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Put veggies in a pan. Add salt, hot sauce, and cheese. The end.

Sorry I'm the worst cook.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2016
    Have you down a simple roast? Coat some cut up onions, sweet potato, turnips, carrots, and parsnips in olive oil and seasonings. Roast for 30 minutes in a 400° oven. Give them a toss every 7-10 minutes. Check at the 30 minute mark they may need to go longer. Make sure you cut everything roughly the same size so it cooks evenly.
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    My go to meal is 2 poached egg. 1/2 watties full of beans (mix of green beans, snow beans and edamame) and 1/2 cup of broc-caul mix in a pan with a decent know of butter and garlic. Fry till crispy and add salt. Do freaking delicious
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Spiralize a zucchini and simmer it briefly in some marinara with similar amounts of shredded carrots and chopped green onions. You can add tofu or whatever, but when I want a fast, super low-calorie meal loaded with potassium etc, this is it.

I also like to make fruit smoothies with huge amounts of spinach.

Roasted veggies of all kinds are wonderful--You can even roast a simple bag of frozen mixed vegetables for an easy meal/snack.

Kale chips of all kinds are yummy, but tend to be high in fat. Or try googling a kale and white beans recipe.

Forks Over Knives is a great place to go for vegetable recipes of all kinds.
  • MishaWest79
    MishaWest79 Posts: 166 Member
    edited July 2016
    My personal fave at the moment is a winter salad I made up one night, I keep going back to it because it is quick, filling and delicious! Feel free to add or omit veg based on your preferences, I have had this with broccoli and loved it.

Serves 1
    1 cup mixed salad greens
    1 tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into half inch pieces
    1/2c snow peas or snap peas, ends lopped and cut into bite sized pieces
    150g smoked salmon
    Cracked pepper, to taste

Stir lemon juice through salmon, set aside.
    In a bowl, season the snow peas and asparagus with pepper and oil and then cook in a pan over medium heat until the colour darkens and the vegetables are cooked but still a little crisp.
    Toss all of the ingredients together and enjoy!
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10354056/indian-vegetarian-recipes#latest

If you like Indian food this thread has some amazing options. I think Indian food has countless vegetarian options that might help you :)

• Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Can you be a little more specific? "Veggies" = hundreds of different foods.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Stir Fry.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Roast green beans, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, or broccoli at 425 on a sheet tray with a little oil, salt, and pepper. Time varies, but I try to stir and check/taste every 8 minutes or so. Green beans might be done at 8 but broccoli might take 16 or more.

When you want to mix it up, add:
    --lemon juice and shredded parmesan at the end
    or
    --granulated garlic and red pepper flakes at the beginning
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 799 Member
    Another vote for roasted with oil, salt & pepper...I haven't met a veggie I didn't like roasted in the oven:)

Cauliflower makes a yummy low cal and low carb sub for rice. Pulse it Ina good blender or food processor and then stirfry on the stove:) Also, you can steam cauliflower them blend up with some butter salt and pepper and use as a mashed potato sub:)

Zucchini spiralized and sautée in a little butter then use in place of pasta. I love it with Alfredo, chicken, chopped bacon, and mushrooms:)