New to MFP

Options
Hello,
I'm 19 and from the UK. I used to do athletics very competitively and used to be a good size and shape ... i loved it and could wear and do what i like (including eat what i wanted) however due to some medical issues i had to stop running... it stopped me for 2 years and obviously with that came weight gain! i carried on eating what i wanted not realizing. Now i am 19 and am starting to run again.. however i just need a boost and push to loose some extra weight before i re-join my athletics club. I only manage to stay on "healthy eating plans" for about a week but i hope MFP can change that for me. I am getting a feel for the site and hope that tracking everything for me will help me to have a better control of what i do and eat.

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello! I think you'll really like this site. I had a habit of starting and stopping diet plans after a week like you. MFP is different. It's not necessarily a "diet plan," because all you're doing is tracking. It's a tool that can be used in conjunction with a diet plan, though. If you stick with it long enough, tracking will become a habit. I have the app on my android, Ipad, and computer, so it's always right at my finger tips. Good luck!