“fat-anniversary”

Options
2»

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Great advice and you look great :)
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your achievements, well done to you! Everything shared here in Success Stories is truly wonderful to see and read, but this one of my favorites <3

Thank you for sharing!
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    WOW! Impressive! Congrats!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! And I mean you and your message! Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You showed me yours; I'll show you mine: wuzdepj5e321.gif

That's just incredible - way to go
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Such good advice and so true! It is hard to not get impatient and just get that hot body already but I find for every 10 lbs lost I have to give myself an adjustment period. First adjusting to maintain that weight and then further adjustments to lose at the new lower weight. My average is only about 30 lbs per year which is laughably slow BUT it's been 2 years and as I come upon my 3rd year of this journey if I continue with my trends I will hit my goal weight at the end of the 3rd year. And I will know how to maintain my weight, how to lose any extra pounds that creep up as time moves on and I get older. It's a marathon for sure and while I'm certainly not winning any races I WILL finish the marathon. Cheers to slow and steady! B)
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Such good advice and so true! It is hard to not get impatient and just get that hot body already but I find for every 10 lbs lost I have to give myself an adjustment period. First adjusting to maintain that weight and then further adjustments to lose at the new lower weight. My average is only about 30 lbs per year which is laughably slow BUT it's been 2 years and as I come upon my 3rd year of this journey if I continue with my trends I will hit my goal weight at the end of the 3rd year. And I will know how to maintain my weight, how to lose any extra pounds that creep up as time moves on and I get older. It's a marathon for sure and while I'm certainly not winning any races I WILL finish the marathon. Cheers to slow and steady! B)

I think that is the key. Most people that lose weight quickly over six months often gain it all back. By going slow and steady we are also learning on how to maintain our weight. In some ways keeping the weight off may be harder than losing it.

@RainaProske - totally humbled by your success.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you, @dykask . :)
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Great work! Love your positive thinking too!
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OMG...you are rockin' it!!!! I have about 120 lbs to lose (130 is my ultimate goal weight), and I don't expect to get there immediately. Your advice is truthful and golden. Thanks for the inspiration! <3
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    druidkat7 wrote: »
    OMG...you are rockin' it!!!! I have about 120 lbs to lose (130 is my ultimate goal weight), and I don't expect to get there immediately. Your advice is truthful and golden. Thanks for the inspiration! <3

I sincerely wish you good fortune with your weight loss. I'm so impressed when people manage to lose nearly half their weight or more.

I think @ravenforest3009's advice is extremely sound. She also said it is such a way that people were offended. I'm totally impressed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!