Do you match

Options
Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?
My clothes rarely match... In fact many times they are on inside out! Lol! Are you a matcher or mis-matcher?

www.facebook.com/kelli.hulst.1

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Nope, I strive for clean, lol. If I have a clean pair of pants, clean sports bra and clean shirt I'm good to go, lol
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    No matchy matchy here! Some days I look like a neon billboard! I agree with Rahlpn "strive for clean".... :laugh:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Black pants and black tanks help me to be more likely to not clash, but no I could care less if I match.
  • lepetitfromage
    lepetitfromage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, only because most of my pants are black!

Clean is the deciding factor for me too :-P
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just care that they fit! LOL
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have one outfit that is matchy but it was unintentional - my new Brooks just happen to match one of my t-shirts and one pair of my footies just happens to have that same teal color in it as well. I put them all together just to be silly now and then. Otherwise it's black shorts with whatever t-shirt I feel like grabbing out of the closet.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly match, but I make sure my colours do not clash!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I match, sometimes I don't. Its all luck of the draw on what gets pulled off the top of the stack in the closet :) It does help that the pants and shorts are all black or gray.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Black on bottom, solid color on top and I don't care if it matches my shoes and socks. The more fit I get the less I care about how my workout clothes match. I just want comfort and clean.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Psssh, filthy casuals. I only wear workout clothes and I wear them all the time. That way I'm ready for a workout at any moment. Get on my level, plebs. So srs (not srs). Kind of srs.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?
    My clothes rarely match... In fact many times they are on inside out! Lol! Are you a matcher or mis-matcher?

Im more focused on whats comfortable. Sometimes when the shirt I wear is too baggy when doing downward dog it slides up and just covers my face.

Same thing happens if I am doing HIIT training and the shirt is soaking wet. (ETA: Mountain Climbers) Then it covers my face and I cant breath because all the sweat is blocking the fibers. Whether the clothes match at that point is irrelevant when I am choking to death on my own sweat. :smile:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought almost an entire line of workout clothes so yes, I do match.
  • MayRayne
    MayRayne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol I only have four colors to pick from, black, blue, white and grey. I think I'm okay no matter the combination.

45261898.png
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Oh and I only have one pair of sneakers and they are covered in color dust from my 5K color run so they match everything :wink:
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Haha, well, I pick out and put on what I'm wearing before I start working out, so I don't think the focus I put on picking out my clothes detracts from my workout. ;)

Just kidding. Anyway I usually have bright print bottoms and a black or solid color top, so it's not like it clashes, but most tops go with most bottoms, so it doesn't take much effort. And I tend to worry more if it fits more than anything in terms of clothing selection.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

Im more focused on whats comfortable. Sometimes when the shirt I wear is too baggy when doing downward dog it slides up and just covers my face.

Same thing happens if I am doing HIIT training and the shirt is soaking wet. (ETA: Mountain Climbers) Then it covers my face and I cant breath because all the sweat is blocking the fibers. Whether the clothes match at that point is irrelevant when I am choking to death on my own sweat. :smile:

I hate that, happens with mountain climbers and burpees and when I am doing tabatas it drives me crazy. I usually end up tucking the front of my shirt in....very fashionable.

I did look today, had gray pants with purple trim and a bright blue shirt. Didn't really match, but I got a good workout in.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

What does one have to do with the other?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I've just done a laundry, I'll pick a matching set, otherwise, I'll wear whatever's clean.
    I find the preppy, matching, haughty Sunday runners annoying and kinda funny, they always look down their made up noses at me, but I just smile and wave, while they frown in a different direction... I know I won't come across them in 'bad' weather, only nice people are out then :-D
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

What does one have to do with the other?

Hurrah!

Yes, I often do match. I sort it out when I pack my gym bag in the morning. I have vests that match the colour trim on my shoes. So what? It doesn't make any difference to how hard I work out.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While most of my tops/bottoms are in colors that don't require much thought in order to combine & match, I find this an odd question. Why would someone dress like a clown, just because they were working out? You don't intentionally dress badly going to work or out with friends. Having a normal matching appearance at the gym or while running, has no relevance on how hard you work out.