Losing 2 lbs per week? Give your tips and tricks!

Options
2»

Replies

• slomtim
    slomtim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I set my goal for 1600 cal,whatever I eat for breakfast I try to burn off with exercise in the morning,that way I'm starting to gain cals from lunch time a just calculate all I eat.Ive lost 5lb in 3weeks,my srarting weight was 197
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    The only tip I know of to lose 2 lbs per week consistantly, is to have a LOT of weight to lose to start with and eat at a 1000 cal per day deficit. If you don't have much weight to lose in the first place (I'm sure someone smarter than me will be helpful enough to post the general recommendations on deficit:amount of weight loss desired), losing 2 lbs per week is too aggressive, and will likely lead to binging or burnout. Slow and steady wins the race!

Thank you!
    jemhh wrote: »
    Assuming your profile is showing your weight and not pounds to lose, you are not heavy enough to sustain a 2 pound per week loss. Such a rate is not generally sustainable by women who are not fairly obese and, even then, the rate doesn't keep up all the way to goal. You would be better off aiming for a pound a week at this point.

My profile does show my weight. I am still obese according to BMI/height, but within 5-10 lbs of overweight. These tips weren't specifically for me. I'm in a group challenge and was looking for tips for everyone. Thank you though! :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    For reference, I wasn't actually asking for me. I'm in a weight loss challenge group and was looking for the best tips and tricks to help everyone out. Thanks for all the thoughtful and helpful insights/tips! :smiley: