losing more than 1lb a week

Options
I see from another post (how much as everyone lost) that lots of you are losing more than 1lb a week. What is your secret? I just started 2 weeks ago, and I have lost 2 pounds. I'd love to lose faster as summer is coming quickly! My goal is to only get down 25 -30 pounds. Is this possible by June? Do you eat less or exercise more? I have been really good about staying within my calories, and usually about 300 under. I am exercising 3-4 days a week at 60 min and the other days at 30 minutes.
Is it just because I am starting out that I am losing slowly?

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    I see from another post (how much as everyone lost) that lots of you are losing more than 1lb a week. What is your secret? I just started 2 weeks ago, and I have lost 2 pounds. I'd love to lose faster as summer is coming quickly! My goal is to only get down 25 -30 pounds. Is this possible by June? Do you eat less or exercise more? I have been really good about staying within my calories, and usually about 300 under. I am exercising 3-4 days a week at 60 min and the other days at 30 minutes.
    Is it just because I am starting out that I am losing slowly?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There's no getting around it, the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off of you. A pound a week is great success.

Try eating all of your calories, as your deficit is already figured in. If you go too low, this will slow you down as well.

:flowerforyou:
  • neilkitt
    neilkitt Posts: 1
    Options
    Another thing to consider is if you have just started this program and you are working out 3-4 times a week, you are going to be building muscle and muscle does weigh more than fat so typically you will see an increase or a slower decline in weight when starting a new program. Eventually, the muscle gain will level off and you will see more loss in weight. Just food for thought.