Tell me your workout woes!

Options
I had a heck of a day getting into and out of my workout today

Accidentally put my dress in the sink with an automatic faucet
Forgot My socks
My hair-tie was *kitten*, so I had to fix my hair 80 times
Went to shower after work-out, got tangled in my sports bras for like a SOLID minute.
Almost fell in the shower
Accidentally got my hair wet (thank goodness for curly hair!)

All in all... I guess the ACTUAL workout was good. I FEEL good. I did more pushups than I've ever done, ever. I also ran farther than I ever have. Now I'm eating a super yummy, low calorie lunch. But man... getting into and out of my workout was TOUGH today!

Make me feel better! Share your woes!

Replies

• your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good for you for pressing on! Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I've had mornings where I forgot that I need gas in the car, left my work clothes at home, forgot my shoes, gotten a flat tire... pretty much anything bad that could happen has at one time or another. The important thing is - don't get rattled, just get your workout in, and keep doing your best!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning before work, so I have to remember to pack everything the day before. On more than one occasion, I have forgotten to pack a bra, so I'd have to wear my sweaty sports bra until I could get home during lunch break to change.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    AmberBlamberMamber Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Been. There.
    Wasn't bleeding, so I took the staple over to show my husband, then saw that it had started and was dripping all over the carpet. Woops.

Ouch!!! That's no bueno!!
    Good for you for pressing on! Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I seriously was like "maybe I just don't need to work out today. Maybe this is the universe telling me not to... but I did anyways ;)

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get in to work early to use our mini-gym. I then shower for the day when I'm done.

I did just this today. There was not hot water this morning in the showers. C'est la vie. At least it's hot outside.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Forgot My socks

Holy crap, me too. Drove 200 miles for a bike ride, arrived in a little mountain town at 5:30 pm on a Saturday, the only place to buy a pair of socks was closed. I wrapped my feet in napkins for the ride. Hard to get my heels covered, didn't want blisters. Made it over the pass. :smile: Bought two pairs of socks before hiking yesterday, it was a huge improvement.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I work out at home (weight equipment in my garage)
    A.) it's hotter than Hades right now and the humidity is LOL, making for a not-enjoyable workout
    B.) Unless I put them on inside in the AC before I work out, my knee sleeves will not go past my calves.
    C.) shorts without Body Glide make for awful chub rub.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    Options
    Forgot My socks

Holy crap, me too.
    I just went without and washed my feet really well :neutral:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Forgetting knee high socks on deadlift or oly partial days. Ouch.

Had a day in my last training cycle where I went strength snatch to deads to squats. So lifters to chucks to knee sleeves and lifters. Getting my knee sleeves on while I was that sweaty was ... Interesting. Glad mine are fairly loose.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I work out at home (weight equipment in my garage)
    A.) it's hotter than Hades right now and the humidity is LOL, making for a not-enjoyable workout
    B.) Unless I put them on inside in the AC before I work out, my knee sleeves will not go past my calves.
    C.) shorts without Body Glide make for awful chub rub.

It's super hot here too. I walk/run in the afternoon and have to take off ALL jewelry because I swell like no one's business. Luckily the gym at work is all indoors.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    Options

I'm in Phoenix too. Y'all is crazy.

Texas here

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Forgot My socks

Holy crap, me too. Drove 200 miles for a bike ride, arrived in a little mountain town at 5:30 pm on a Saturday, the only place to buy a pair of socks was closed. I wrapped my feet in napkins for the ride. Hard to get my heels covered, didn't want blisters. Made it over the pass. :smile: Bought two pairs of socks before hiking yesterday, it was a huge improvement.

lol... sounds like somethign I would do.

I've brought the wrong shoes on a couple of occasions... loaded up the road bike, road helmet, road kit, and mountain shoes. Yea, that doesn't work.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just made plans with my bestie to go to the gym tonight...but now I'm doubting if any of my gym clothes are gonna fit since I'm 4 months pregnant and don't have any maternity yoga pants or shorts for the gym. I haven't been in a month and stuff was tight then (too busy catching pokemon.) It's 96 with 65% humidity today...ain't no way I'm walking outside tonight.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    My beard gets the barbell wet when I do curls in my squat rack. Does that count? I'll also second that working out in your garage--in Phoenix--is miserable this time of year.
    It's super hot here too. I walk/run in the afternoon and have to take off ALL jewelry because I swell like no one's business. Luckily the gym at work is all indoors.
    I'm in Phoenix too. Y'all is crazy.
    Texas here

I got a sunburn yesterday. It was so hot I had to pick up handfuls of snow and rub them on my neck to cool off. Can I hang?
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    Options

I got a sunburn yesterday. It was so hot I had to pick up handfuls of snow and rub them on my neck to cool off. Can I hang?

You're OUT! Snow?! What's that??

• AmberBlamberMamber
    Options
    It's summer!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's summer!

I'm guessing he or she is running in higher elevations (from the username, probably the Cascades of the Pacific Northwest?) Still snow in the mountains year-round even though it's summer!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My main issue right now is regaining strength in my lower body, primarily the legs. I lost quite a bit of muscle mass in them due to being allergic to statins [they rarely cause muscle loss, and just my luck I'm one of the ones that happens to]. It took two months to regain my ability to walk, and very recently they've become strong enough to do a proper squat, so they're slowly but steadily repairing themselves.