Trouble drinking water - bloated

Options
I have a lot of trouble drinking water like I should.
I have 1 cup of coffee a day (if I finish it) and I try to make myself drink 1 500ml bottle of water at lunch.
I may have another 500ml bottle with dinner, or a glass of milk.

This morning, I have forced myself between 8:30 and now (2PM) to drink 2 500ml bottles of water... and I feel SOOOO bloated.
I cannot imagine needing to drink another 2 and a half bottles to fill up the bottle on the food diary page...

How do you all do it? And how do you deal with the bloaty feeling. I am even on a diuretic for my blood pressure... and it isn't helping much.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you aren't thirsty and your urine is a pale yellow then there's no need to force yourself to drink more water. There is no real recommendation that you drink a certain amount of plain water during the day. You can get more than enough liquid in your diet through your food and other drinks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since you're on a diuretic, you should consult with your doctor about your fluid intake. BTW, the body processes water differently from coffee, water is better for you.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Since you have blood pressure issues, your bloating could be related to it. You should definitely ask your doctor about how much water you should intake while exercising (or not) and per day. You may be counteracting your diuretic by trying to drink the recommended amount per day. Only your doctor should know.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Alright. Thanks for this. cause it is such a struggle to drink water for me... im never thirsty - and all I ever see are people talking about 8 glasses a day and make yourself do it - your body will get used to it over time and you will start drinking all the time....
    I was going nuts...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm also on blood pressure meds, make sure you are also getting other electrolytes like potassium and magnesium by eating your fresh veggies, especially the green leafy kinds. but definitely talk to your doctor.

also, i don't think anyone else has asked, but can you quantify "feel so bloated"? are you or are you not. for instance do you notice that you are retaining more water in your hands, feet face?
  • tracymayo1
    Options
    I just feel like I drank ALOT of water lol... Im not sure how to describe it. I am not bloating in my extremeties visibly... it is a way I feel when I have finished my water...
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I thought doctors restricted water intake when you are taking diuretics for blood pressure.
    If the doctor forgot to mention anything on this, call the office.
    "The specific amount of fluid to take while on a diuretic is complicated and something for your doctor to determine. "
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/481719-what-should-my-fluid-intake-be-while-on-diuretics/
    Did the doctor mention anything about getting more potassium rich foods such as bananas, milk, beans, sweet potatoes?
  • tracymayo1
    Options
    I thought doctors restricted water intake when you are taking diuretics for blood pressure.
    If the doctor forgot to mention anything on this, call the office.
    "The specific amount of fluid to take while on a diuretic is complicated and something for your doctor to determine. "
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/481719-what-should-my-fluid-intake-be-while-on-diuretics/
    Did the doctor mention anything about getting more potassium rich foods such as bananas, milk, beans, sweet potatoes?

I have been on these pills for years and nothing was ever mentioned.
    I was started on them as a way to see if they helped with my Migraines and they have....
    Maybe because it wasn't directly linked to blood pressure in my case (my diastolic was high)
    Im not sure - but everything has been good on my check ups and such and I feel fine otherwise...