new eating habbits

hi all, just did my first week on healthy eating and as exspected a large loss, 81b , i'v logged my food every day, and its helped, i'v started with small change's, no butter, swoped my rice and pasta to wholemeal, changed from white bread to wholemeal, changed my weekend wine to vodka, any tips, on changes for me to make,

Replies

• mama2russians
    mama2russians Posts: 2 Member
    Today is my first day. I'm still trying to figure this out! My doctor suggested it to me after looking at a few days of my food logs written out. I had no calorie counts written down. I don't know how many calories things are! She said this would help. It took me hours to discover where the food is listed. I guess I'm not really smart about this app.

Congrats on losing 8 pounds! That's terrific. I hope I can do half as well!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    As I started counting I also became more aware of the food I was eating. I now rarely eat anything in a package. Mostly produce and lean meat. I cut back on pasta potatoes and breads. Funny true story, My wife went out to shop for an elderly friend and all the items on the list were crap packaged ready made food and junk like frosted pop tarts. She was almost embarrassed to have anyone see her cart. Here is the kicker, the lady she was shopping for had her 100th birthday last month and she lives alone in her home. She has eaten this way all her life, go figure.