21 day fix

Options

21 Day Fix.... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Does anyone currently use this system now? If so is it working for you? Just curious

Comment

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There's a group here...........

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

I've not tried it. This seems terribly inflexible to me. 1 (maybe) 2 containers of fat....to spread out throughout your day......1/4 fat breakfast + 1/3 fat lunch.....how do you keep track of all the fractional stuff. Logging food & having MFP count everything seems simpler.

The plastic tubs are pricey, but easy enough to replicate on your own. Look on Pinterest for container sizes and menus. This is basically a copy of Weight Watchers old exchanges, only less flexible.

The workouts get good reviews. If you like those, then you got your money's worth.

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Opinion: When it comes to food, this place works a hundred times better.
    Spend the money on a food scale instead at walmart for about $18.
    I wonder if you can get the workouts on the internet for free (try?). Or find someone online that is selling theirs. Perhaps any exercise videos will do. Walking 20 minutes a day worked for me.
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too sure about it myself. I was just looking to see if anyone had any thoughts or if anyone is using or has used it. I am just not sure it would work for me...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's just another way to exert portion control and thus create a calorie deficit. I think calorie counting is better in every way, but it's up to individual preference. In my opinion, the fix is pricey, crude and constricting. (Not to mention it has a silly name, and may "inadvertently" promise unrealistic losses.) Others think calorie counting is micromanagement and tedious and lack structure and guidance (and come in here to tell successfull calorie counters that). No matter which method you choose, you have to make it work - you have to eat less and move more, and do it consistently. Choose a method that both lets you lose weight, and lets you enjoy life.