Calories Left Over

Options
It seems that every day I have an average of about 200 calories left over. It worries me. Any advice ?

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    are you eating what mfp has said you should be eating? If you are 200 under that I would not worry unless you are really low...under 1000 or 1200?
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why is it worrying you? Are you not eating enough to be healthy?

If you are not eating enough simply eat some more. If you're eating enough and unsure what to do with the excess calories left over then you could bank them for say a weekend splurge. Or you could not eat them and get quicker weight loss results. Your choice.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can just eat more to make them up.

Or you can keep your deficit. Live your life, gurl.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    First, make sure you are logging accurately. Are you using a food scale? If not, you may be eating a bit more than you think. Check the entries you are using for accuracy - most entries in the database have been entered by other users and can be wrong.

Are you hungry or tired? You might not be eating enough. Are you losing weight at the rate you were expecting (usually around 1 lb per week)? That is really the answer to if you are eating the right amount!

The calories MFP gives you are the calories you can eat based on your goal, so if the calories are there, and you are logging accurately, feel free to eat them.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you should be worried would depend on how much you're actually eating during the day and how much you're burning through living and exercise. If you aren't getting enough calories to fuel your body properly on a daily basis then yes, you should be worried.

Consuming an extra 200 calories without adding much volume is actually a fairly simple matter. Avoid low- and non-fat foods entirely. Add a cup of juice to your breakfast. Add mayonnaise to a sandwich. Add olive oil to a salad or into your cooking. Have a handful of nuts as a snack or on top of a salad. Sprinkle cheese on food.