New to this app.

Options
What's up guys and gals. I'm new here and just wanted to check out how the app is. I am currently training for my next fight for Valor. I am a MMA Fighter, currently training to run a 5k as well. I started at 279 pounds, and am now down to 248. I am losing body fat and weight in order to fight in the 185's but walk around at 200. Have alot of goals this year, so wouldn't mind making some online friends to help motivate each other, and exceed each other's goals. I've became really attached to this app, I love it. Alot of good things and people. Well, that's all about me, hope to make some new friends!

Replies

• norcal_mommie92
    norcal_mommie92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey there,
    I am new to this app as well and i cant tell you how much i love it..i feel like its more of a community than just an app. to be able to meet and see everyone's experiences and journey's is beyond amazing, not to mention how easy it is to track and log in your progress. i am going on my second week, and i can tell this is what i've been needing to give me that extra push. where do you normally fight...my brother-in-law does amateur MMA out here in northern california, so i know how important it is to get that right weight for the certain classes
  • SamuraiJake1985
    SamuraiJake1985 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I usually don't ever count calories or count what ive lost. But I fight as a heavy weight, and started having bad injuries (self inflicted) like severe sprang ankles etc... Just didn't think the weight I'm at was helping me at all lol. So wanted to drop down to a weight I feel not only comfortable and good in the cage but as well as outside of the cage. California! I sometimes go there to Monterey to visit my aunt. Love that place lol. I'm currently fighting in Valor out of Knoxville, TN. Your def right about the weight classes. Ive got a 7 month fight camp to lose all this weight and I tell u it's rough!! Lol
  • SamuraiJake1985
    Options
    Didn't realize how much goes into counting calories and all this stuff!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This app has helped me out so much. Logging my good was such an eye opener. I love talking to other people at all stages of their journey. I'm on here a lot. I log every meal and snack and try to be a part of wife variety of discussions. My nectbstep is to incorporate fitness. I'm ready to take this to the next level.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    This app, and the community really are great. Surround yourself with motivating and encouraging friends here and you'll reach your goals. Good luck!
  • SamuraiJake1985
    Options
    Yes Lisahebert186 I have totally fell in love with the app! Keep motivated and exceed your goals! You'll do awesome I'm sure! Busypk you are totally right about that! I have already met and made some great friends on this app and people are very like minded. It's nice to have a community where people have the same interest as I do and take it seriously!
  • creolefitness
    creolefitness Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey!!
  • SamuraiJake1985
    Options
    Thank you creolefitness ! You to!