Can't eat, avoiding relapse!

Options
ghostmoss
ghostmoss Posts: 1 Member
Hi. I recently got on some new medicine for my narcolepsy and they've ruined my appetite. I've gone from 123 to 107 in like a month and a half. I'm scared. I had an anorexia, I have body dysmorphia. This sudden weight loss makes me want to start doing it on purpose. I have fought so hard for my recovery from that nightmare illness! How can I pack as many calories as possible into digestible meals? I can't keep food down anymore without getting sick. (Not on purpose.)

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you in therapy?
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Probably provigil
    How about a nice chocolate bar? :)
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I lose my appetite I try to pack calorie dense things like peanut butter into a smoothie. (or anything else I need in my body but can't eat)

Anything liquid is your best bet. Soups and smoothies have been the easiest for me.

The trick is to not try to force yourself to eat it really fast or in a "normal amount of time." Just make it as calorie dense as you can, while retaining a flavor you find enjoyable, and then sip it very slowly. One sip at a time all day if you have to. Just keep going with itty bitty sips of calorie dense liquids.

If you are able to eat solid food, but just have no desire to do so, the same thing will still help. Put it next to you and graze on it all day. Set an alarm if you have to that will remind you to take at least one bite every 5-10 minutes.
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PS - I tried to send you a private message and the site is having an issue. If you are still here, feel free to send me a message if you would like a supportive ear to talk to. I have suffered with a variety of eating disorders my entire life and I understand what you're going through. *hugs*
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    have you talked to your doctor about this? if not, you should do so immediately! maybe he/she can prescribe you anti nausea meds. in the meantime, can you eat stuff like peanut butter, full fat sour cream, cheese or almonds?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Ye
    have you talked to your doctor about this? if not, you should do so immediately! maybe he/she can prescribe you anti nausea meds. in the meantime, can you eat stuff like peanut butter, full fat sour cream, cheese or almonds?

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Talk to your therapist now