What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    History of Civilization by Will Durant - now I am on volume 8, the Age of Reason - good read about Elizabethan England and all the issues they faced as an Empire
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am not a big reader, but I did pick up some reading as of lately. I had to read 'The Dilbert Principle' for my management class. If you're a fan of the Dilbert comics and want some insight on management in businesses, its a good read. Now I've just started reading '7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' but I'm not in it very far.
  • philosophybro
    philosophybro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Golden Compass series.
  • Dancingdahlia
    Dancingdahlia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just read 'the girl on the train' i thought it was great I read it in about 4 days and normally I only read one book per month.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    "Silence of the Grave," a crime novel by Icelandic writer Arnaldur Indriðason. I'm almost finished and then on to "The Sand Pebbles" by Richard McKenna.
  • EternalSnow627
    EternalSnow627 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The Harry Potter series it's so much better then the movies
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    fatoomalrowaiei Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Everneath!!!!!! :smile:
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Chose some books out of our own library. I have cataracts, so my reading time is precious little, because it is so difficult.

Two "Pogo" books, because Father read Pogo every day in the comics in the 1950s. The authort wrote mainly political satire for the comics in the newspapers then.

And I am looking over three different Bibles, trying to figure out which one to use as my main one, because of the cataracts. The nice, light ones have print that is too small, of course, but the ones with bigger fonts are SO heavy!
  • chrisg676
    chrisg676 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Game Of Thrones and Chris Froome's autobiography
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up the Outlander series. I'm interested next in the Anita Blake series, Wheel of Time series, and Sky Chaser series. Not sure which one I'll start first.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ghost Story by Peter Straub and Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen. I've been meaning to read Ghost Story ever since I readThe Talisman by King and Straub as a kid, but Straub was too difficult for me then.

I've also been on an Agatha Christie kick lately, and just finished the first Poirot and the first two Marple mysteries.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Masters and Mercenaries series
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    David baldacci - hella corner. Very good read
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen right now.

A recommendation I have if you want to pick up physical copies of books for cheap is to go to your local Goodwill. My sister is a teacher and just found a nice hardcover box set of The Hunger Games series for her students for less than $5. I picked up three books, Delicious, Omnivores Dilemma, and Founding Brothers for around the same price.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    This thread atm
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Finally reading Stephen King's It. I read a lot of horror, but this one makes want a nightlight when I have to get up to pee in the middle of the night.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The Heavenly Table

.... by the best *kitten* author you've never heard of, Donald Ray Pollock

His previous work titled: "The Devil All The Time" happens to be one of the best 5 books I've ever read (and I read a lot).
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Just started reading the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu.

I've just begun to start to understand it, but have already put some of it's wisdom to use in determining how to approach a complicated situation at work.
  • Sabe208
    Sabe208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive just finished the Game of thrones series. Cant wait for the next book
  • Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Reading means having more than 10 in a block to sit down in a quite place and look at the words..... so I don't read, I don't ever have time to myself.