Water exercising

Options
2»

Replies

• Love62
    Love62 Posts: 18
    Options
    I teach water aerobics and I'm losing weight and so are my clients in the pool. Because I have neuropathy, water aerobics is the best workout for chronic pain as well
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love swimming I have chronic pain and it is so nice to be able to do things in the water that I can't do on land. At my gym I met with someone who does pool orientation with me every couple of weeks until I feel like I have enough fun exercises. When we meet she also makes sure my form is correct.
  • KatherineLynnKane
    KatherineLynnKane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aqua Fitness has far too many benefits to list !
    For best results find a class where the teacher is qualified instructor. If in doubt, ask.

Years ago I was told that swimming and water aerobics would not burn fat because of the body reaction to the cold water temperature (resistance to hypothermia) and the because it wasn't a load-bearing exercise.
    That theory is no longer valid since most recreational pools are heated to 80 degrees and there is much more aqua fitness equipment available for resistance and strength training....including weights.

Most obese individuals get enough load-bearing exercise carrying extra pounds around with them all day, so imagine the relief they feel when they can jump and jog in the pool with either low or no impact on their joints and less chance of injury.

As a member of the YMCA I participate in a variety of fitness classes but AquaFIt is my favourite because no one can see my fat wiggling and jiggling under the water.