Meal Ideas Needed

Options
Nightmare_Queen88
Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
edited July 2016 in Recipes
I'm in desperate need of some recipes and ideas for meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know it sounds like a lot to ask for. But unfortunately I'm not kitchen savvy. Lol. Sad, I know. But I'm tired of eating the same things everyday. Chicken and Turkey burger. Its pretty boring if you ask me. If you really want to know exactly what I eat then feel free to check out my diary. Its open. :) Also my calorie deficit is 1500. My macros are 113g Carbs 113g Protein 67g Fat. I really need meals between 400-430 calories. Somewhere in that area. Any help would be appreciative. :)

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not really sure on macro content (as haven't been watching that personally for a while) but what about a salad with a couple of boiled eggs?

You can always add in another protein then too (canned tuna, leftover shredded chicken etc) and change up the "base" salad depending on cost/seasonal/preference. Nothing wrong with tinned sweetcorn, for example, and it keeps for ages on the shelf so you can have it for a week when you fancy it.

As for breakfasts, overnight oats are always easy, and you can (again) top it with whatever you want/is in season/cheap in the morning.
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are good for breakfast, and you can make up a few servings in advance.

Soups are an easy lunch option. You can use lentils or beans for protein, or add some cooked meat in at the end.

You could switch up the burgers for chicken sausages and serve them with rice or pasta or sliced up on top of a big salad. Or try cooking with turkey breasts instead. Roast them and serve with veggies and sweet potato or slice them up, pan fry them and serve with an Indian style sauce and brown rice, or mix with stir fried veggies and noodles.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try overnight oats. So I'll give that shot. I guess I should worry more about calories instead of macros. I didn't use to and I still lost weight. I just don't want to go overboard. Also @fattyclatter those are some good ideas. Thanks. And @FaithfulJewel I'm kinda sick of salad. That's what I have every night. With baby kale and spinach. Its getting boring, like I said.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My favorite easy meal is chicken thighs(six pack with cajun blackening seasoning) grilled in an iron skillet and then add a bag of steamable broccoli, saute shallots and mushrooms and put it all together. Delish, about 400 calories depending on oil and how much chicken you eat. You could probably get 2 or 3 meals out of that if you are just cooking for yourself. You could add a grain like rice, though you may have to reduce the amount of chicken to accommodate the calories from the rice (microwave bags of uncle ben's are decent).
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I get whole grains like amaranth, quinoa or millet and sub it for rice and porridge (overnight oats is good too). They take about 15 minutes to cook, you just boil them (some need a quick rinse before hand) and then I add that, do some sort of veggie (frozen is good, microwave is fast) make that most of my plate, and if you want then add a protein (frozen skinless chicken is the the healthiest) Then I use different sauces. Soups are good too.

Try an instant pot. With an instant pot if you can cut things, you can cook.
  • wlan5353
    wlan5353 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com I've found a lot of easy low calorie recipes on there.. I made the turkey stuffed red peppers this week, and the buffalo chicken nuggets! Both super easy and delicious!