Wendler 5/3/1

Options
13»

Replies

• shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Just to make it easier can you list your 1RM's, TM's, and the number of reps you got on each AMRAP set? Weights for the AMRAPs too would be handy.

I am not fully understanding the deadlift problem and this would help.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    Just to make it easier can you list your 1RM's, TM's, and the number of reps you got on each AMRAP set? Weights for the AMRAPs too would be handy.

I am not fully understanding the deadlift problem and this would help.

Ok I will do this for DL:

1rm is 245lbs so I had all all lifts for that week based off of 90%--220.5lbs which I can do for AT LEAST 3 easy reps.

Week 1: AMRAP score of 6 at 185lbs. Probably could have done more but was like "I want to do as many reps as I can without letting go of the bar to readjust grip". And I was feeling lazy that day.

Week 2: AMRAP score of 5 at 200lbs. Not too shabby!

Week 3: AMRAP score of 4 for 210lbs. It took a while for me to get this. I was having a bad day and kept dropping the bar just before locking out. BUT it all clicked when I just stopped looking in the mirror and a trainer said to me "I see you can pull the weight. Could you make it if you had chalk?" So the answer to that was "yes".

I mean yes, I was able to do the AMRAP, but I definitely was having what I perceived to be a bad day.

Meanwhile bench and OHP have been pretty phenomenal, and I am pretty much where I expected to be for squats after week 3. For all of these other lifts, I have never done less than 6reps for the + sets.
  • Alex_Physique91
    Alex_Physique91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just started myfitnesspal and just purchased wendler 5/3/1 second edition and beyond 5/3/1 e-books definitely interested in this thought I'd join this group and see what people are thinking about the program
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many cycles I've run now. Used to renumber the cycles starting at 1 when I'd take a break but stopped doing that this past year.
    So currently I'm finishing cycle 11 and will start on cycle 12 in another week.
    531 has worked well for me over the years and I'll continue to run it as long as I can.