Best Pre made grocery salad

Options
I prepare salads at home and I am tired of doing it. I don't trust in restaurant salads as they weigh more calories
Please suggest for good stores for pre made salads

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I tend to use Kroger's garden salad mix. Lettuce, purple cabbage, carrots.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I could give you a ton of suggestions, but being in Australia, they may not be relevant. Geographical detail might help!
  • venky2017
    venky2017 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I could give you a ton of suggestions, but being in Australia, they may not be relevant. Geographical detail might help!

I live in USA
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I personally love Aldi salad bowls, they're cheap and always crispy. And they have numerous different toppings to suit lots of different calorie goals.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Costco sweet kale salad.

Kale, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts finely shredded with a poppy seed dressing (I think) dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
    Tasty.

Cheers, h.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Fresh Express have a lot of pre-made salad choices
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If you live near a trader joes, they have some AMAZING single serving salads that I lived on when I was working full time.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Are you able to get Dole brand precut salad greens and veg? they are pretty good, and I too use them when I just dont have the time or energy to chop stuff.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love the Dole brand salads simply because I am more apt to actually eat them rather than let them go bad in the fridge. they come complete with salad dressing and toppings so it takes just a minute to mix them up and no chopping. My husband and I love the "Sunflower Crunch" and there are several other varieties.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I avoid anything with iceberg lettuce. Iceberg is always so quick to turn brown. Dole or Fresh Express Premium Romaine is typically what I buy (has carrots & purple cabbage). I can have the romaine bag open 2 days before it starts turning brown.

Aldi Italian salad mix is usually decent. But, it kind of depends on your store.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I 2nd trader joe's! they have some decent ones with nuts, fruit, chicken, beans, corn, etc. and pretty calorie friendly. some are almost 600 though with dressing so i would suggest checking labels to see what fits your goals.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Publix true bleu mix! So delicious! You have to mix the components but everything is in the bag...yum!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Costco sweet kale salad.

Kale, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts finely shredded with a poppy seed dressing (I think) dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
    Tasty.

Cheers, h.

I second this. I eat this Costco salad every day, but usually use a lower calorie dressing than the poppyseed that comes with it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Costco sweet kale salad.

Tasty.

Cheers, h.

I second this. I eat this Costco salad every day, but usually use a lower calorie dressing than the poppyseed that comes with it.

I do half and half with the Bolthouse (20 cal pee serving). cilantro avocado dressing

Cheers, h.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Costco sweet kale salad.

Tasty.

Cheers, h.

That, without their dressing or just a very small amount