Round 2 (or is it 5?)

Options
HI all,

I was here back in 2008-2010 consistently. I lost my 50th pound in February 2010 and felt great, and I had just gotten engaged. Unfortunately wedding stress brought back on 13 before the wedding, and it all went down hill after the wedding. I eventually gained it all back, plus some.

My husband and I got pregnant in 2011 but lost it early on; got pregnant again in 2012 but lost our girl at 22 weeks in March. I went into that pregnancy already overweight, but due to gestational diabetes I was able to lose everything additional I put on by about 15 weeks and only ended up with a 4 pound gain overall. In the months since our loss, I've put on ten pounds.

I'm pregnant again, hoping this is our take-home baby...it's still very early but I suspect I will have GD again so I am trying really hard to lose some weight (with my doctor's ok) and keep my GD under control. My journey this time will be a little different as I will be focusing more on carb control than calories, and I am high risk so I can't do much more than walk, but I am optimistic that I can keep my weight controlled again and get healthy for this baby. I'm glad to be back.

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    First I would like to say sorry for your losses. I have had 3 miscarriages and my daughter died shortly after birth. Before, in between, and after that I gave birth to two healthy boys; almost 9 year old and a 10 month old. So def feel where you are now.

I am at my prepregancy weight from my last pregnancy but still need to lose 20 more. So friend me if you would like some company on this journey! We can motivate each other! :)
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    HI all,

I was here back in 2008-2010 consistently. I lost my 50th pound in February 2010 and felt great, and I had just gotten engaged. Unfortunately wedding stress brought back on 13 before the wedding, and it all went down hill after the wedding. I eventually gained it all back, plus some.

My husband and I got pregnant in 2011 but lost it early on; got pregnant again in 2012 but lost our girl at 22 weeks in March. I went into that pregnancy already overweight, but due to gestational diabetes I was able to lose everything additional I put on by about 15 weeks and only ended up with a 4 pound gain overall. In the months since our loss, I've put on ten pounds.

I'm pregnant again, hoping this is our take-home baby...it's still very early but I suspect I will have GD again so I am trying really hard to lose some weight (with my doctor's ok) and keep my GD under control. My journey this time will be a little different as I will be focusing more on carb control than calories, and I am high risk so I can't do much more than walk, but I am optimistic that I can keep my weight controlled again and get healthy for this baby. I'm glad to be back.

sorry for your loss... i lost my 2 year old :/ not easy but glad you are here! you can def work it out!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    HI all,

sorry for your loss... i lost my 2 year old :/ not easy but glad you are here! you can def work it out!

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Congrats on the weightloss though, you look amazing.