Treadmill Desk Acquired: No More Excuses

Options
SharletteK
SharletteK Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Inside my body I could fit almost 4 healthy-sized women my height. I no longer accept that I cannot change this. Sitting has been my enemy for far too long. I've now acquired a treadmill desk that will allow me to conquer that enemy. I plan to use it for longer and longer periods as time goes on, but I'm starting with 1 hour per day, which is a big change for me coming out of sitting or lying down for probably 23 hours and 40 minutes per day. It hurts like hell just walking here typing this. There is a severe stabbing pain in my lower back, moderate pain in my hip and knees, but I am pushing through it and will continue to do so until I'm a healthy weight once again.

I would love to make some friends as I walk here, gain some emotional support, and provide what support I can. I don't have a ton of time to devote here, but I do intend to use this site as much as I can and get all the support I can. Anyone want to join me on my drive toward being fit?

Some key points about me:
  • SW: 485 lb (as of 25/7/16)
  • GW: 135 lb (to be reached sometime 2-3 years from today)
  • Height: 5'9''
  • Sex: F
  • Politics: just-right-of-centre
  • Married lesbian with cats. (so much stereotype, so little space)

Replies

• Rooooose
    Rooooose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello dear, great you started this journey! :) You can add me as a friend for some support!
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me. I am normally logging every day and will be delighted to help you on your journey to get you towards your goals.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the very positive change.

Best of luck and good health.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Making myself move was my biggest obstacle in getting started. I'd be happy to have you as a friend.

It's obviously not required, but what has really REALLY motivated me was tracking my steps. It becomes an addiction to hit that step goal each day. It first I didn't wear it every day, but the more I moved, the more I wanted to know what I was doing. Been tracking my food on here for 72 days but have actually been watching what I eat and exercising for one to two months before that. You can do this!
  • palmtang
    palmtang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your post me smile, reminded me of my favourite Absolutely Fabulous quote -

"Edina: I mean what you two don't seem to realise is that inside of me, inside of me, there is a thin person just screaming to get out.

Mother: Just the one, dear?"

Friend request sent :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you are going form truly sedentary, i would start with 15 minutes walking per day, not an hour... and maybe not even every day at first. you should be able to increase that fairly quick, but don't start with something that may not be achievable yet.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this!
    Have you consulted with your health care professional? I ask because I lost over 1/2 of my current body weight and my doctor has been a great advocate for me since the very beginning. It has really helped me to know that what I am doing is approved by my physician.
    Best of luck to you!