Rome wasn't built in a day - 100+lbs to lose

Options
jamsieboi
jamsieboi Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Well I have been here before and tried all the quick fixes, hitting the gym hard, eating only healthy foods and expecting instant results

It doesn't work for me, I have an initial kick then lose heart and eventually all interest when I don't see instant results. I have now realised it took two decades to put on the weight and will take time to lose.

I'm intending on eating better and increase my physical activity and go from there. Its not for everyone but if you are in the same position and want some support add me.

Cheers
James

Replies

• MiharuKasumi
    MiharuKasumi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello jamsieboi, aettinger448 and rfarthing2!

First of all, it's touching and inspiring at the same time reading what you've gone through and how you give others advices/support.

Even though I am not in the same situation as you and therefore do not understand completely everything you have gone through, I would feel honoured to be able to be friends with you in order to support you mentaly/cheer you on, even if it is only like a sandcorn in the sea.

I wish you all the best.

MiharuKasumi
  • sydneyregan
    sydneyregan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude James! Here to help with motivation!
  • luzerking
    luzerking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same here man I was 290 lbs now a month later I'm 268lbs it's been hard but wort it just stick to a diet and exercise routine you like and go from there man
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I have nearly 100lbs to lose, it's a hard slog, like you jamsieboi I start off gung-ho then lose motivation when I don't see results quick enough. However I am in this for the long haul, feel free to add me if you like, I track daily and enjoy reading how everyone of my MFP friends is getting on also offering support where I can
  • Karenz_Journey
    Karenz_Journey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Glad to hear I am not alone. Not much support around me, just negativity and jokes. Even when I modeled (plus size - size 14/16) I was made fun of for being fat. Just like most of you, stress and emotional eater. I am starting tomorrow a.m. Getting everything set up today. I have 150 to loose. Ready but not ready. Scared. But doing it anyway
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    KarenGrein tried to send you a friends request but was unable feel free to add me
  • PamelaAtkinson2015
    PamelaAtkinson2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of your honesty in your attempts and your ability to be so real with the let downs of non instant results - I am also a 100 + pound weight loss goal and I have a long way to go - you can do it !
  • iknowiknow
    iknowiknow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what many of you are saying. Since my child is now a teenager, I can no longer call my excessive body fat "baby weight." I lose motivation quickly especially when the weight loss is slow, and as a result I am an on-again/off-again MFP user. I want to be healthy and fit. I want to be able to go see a high school musical and not have to worry about whether or not I will fit in the auditorium seats comfortably. I want to be an example to my family and friends that weight loss and fitness can be achieved at any age. I am 48 at present. It would be awesome if I could achieve this before age 50. Please feel free to add me as an MFP friend. Many of mine are now inactive. Much love and respect to all of you!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else on here I have a lot of weight but I'm counting it pound by pound.
    I'm on a journey to discover the thinner and healthier me.
    SW 353
    CW 317
    Goal is to be a healthier weight whether that's 80 or 50 pounds less.
    New to exercising have bad knees, type 2 diabetic, hypertension. So my goal is to get healthy.
    Willing to motivate seeking friends too!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else on here I have a lot of weight but I'm counting it pound by pound.
    I'm on a journey to discover the thinner and healthier me.
    SW 353
    CW 317
    Goal is to be a healthier weight whether that's 80 or 50 pounds less.
    New to exercising have bad knees, type 2 diabetic, hypertension. So my goal is to get healthy.
    Willing to motivate seeking friends too!

Just saw this again WOW I was 317 7/27....now it's 9/30 and I'm 302. I kicked *kitten*! I'm very proud of myself thank you self
  • walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm relatively new but on here daily. Feel free to add me for support and motivation!