Pokemon go

Options
I love Pokemon go. I walk and bike miles looking for Pokemon. It has really helped me. Reach my weight loss goals.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    It was released July 6th

It is now 20 days later and you have reached your weight loss goals already? Did you only have a few pounds to lose?

It's possible; it's managed to do a lot for Darwinism within the past 20 days as well.

Solid
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the appeal of this game. I tried it..guess i am too old..lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    vanessa40 wrote: »
    I do not understand the appeal of this game. I tried it..guess i am too old..lol

I'm with you on this! I am quite ok with kids going nuts but the older adults, it just seems a little too elementary. After I saw on TV an adult male hit a cop car while Pokemon and driving, that did it for me!

I play video games using my home gaming console and love it. Being stuck to my phone for hours? I will leave that to everyone else.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I'm with you on this! I am quite ok with kids going nuts but the older adults, it just seems a little too elementary. After I saw on TV an adult male hit a cop car while Pokemon and driving, that did it for me!

I play video games using my home gaming console and love it. Being stuck to my phone for hours? I will leave that to everyone else.

Me too..i love playing games on my iPad and my Mac but i just couldn't get into the Pokeman..my daughter who is 28 loves it...
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I'm 33 years old and Pokemon was part of my childhood. I don't know why it's so surprising that something we grew up on would continue to be a part of our life as we age.

Since downloading the app, I'm out and moving more. I'm learning about new parks and places in my neighborhood and town. It's helped my depression and I'm sleeping better than I have in months. I've reconnected with old friends I haven't spoken to in months because we're sharing the game. I'm getting some much needed sunlight and I've been out engaging with my community since most of the stops in the area are in our downtown cultural district.

If you can't tell, I'm kind of sick of the PokemonGO hate. Being stuck on my couch for hours? No thanks. I'll leave that to everyone else. I need to walk another kilometer at lunch so this egg will hatch!

This was my opnion.. and I am not a hater, I just choose to not want to partake and do feel it a bit elementary for older adults. Me and my husband both tried it.. We both just thought it was stupid. sorry just me!

• Pikashel
    Pikashel Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I'm 33 years old and Pokemon was part of my childhood. I don't know why it's so surprising that something we grew up on would continue to be a part of our life as we age.

Since downloading the app, I'm out and moving more. I'm learning about new parks and places in my neighborhood and town. It's helped my depression and I'm sleeping better than I have in months. I've reconnected with old friends I haven't spoken to in months because we're sharing the game. I'm getting some much needed sunlight and I've been out engaging with my community since most of the stops in the area are in our downtown cultural district.

If you can't tell, I'm kind of sick of the PokemonGO hate. Being stuck on my couch for hours? No thanks. I'll leave that to everyone else. I need to walk another kilometer at lunch so this egg will hatch!

I'm 27 and Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood as well (see: house full of Pikachus). That's why I play the game. A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon, not even knowing what Pokemon is. They are just playing because it's popular. Then there are people who think it's stupid because they don't understand what Pokemon is and why it has "suddenly" become so popular...and that's totally fine with me. I honestly didn't think the game would take off either when it was announced last year?
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Me too..i love playing games on my iPad and my Mac but i just couldn't get into the Pokeman..my daughter who is 28 loves it...

I also need to detach from the phone!! Maybe I am too old, but I can't be too old when I just finished an old NES classic remake of DuckTales which is a kids game! But loved the game nonetheless!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

I also need to detach from the phone!! Maybe I am too old, but I can't be too old when I just finished an old NES classic remake of DuckTales which is a kids game! But loved the game nonetheless!

Yeah, I'm 35 and not into it personally. I think it's also because I find myself too attached to my phone for other reasons sometimes. I also have friends in their 20s who don't find it appealing, either. I would just say..it's not for everyone, and that's ok. :smile:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options

This. I don't get why people are hating on people who have found a fun thing that gets them moving more and interested in walking, running, biking, etc. Yes there are people who are using the game in a disrespectful or dangerous manner but that shouldn't spoil it for the millions of people who are having fun, making friends and getting off the couch.

So many other apps have been insanely popular (candy crush, angry birds) and they only required you to sit on your butt and play.

I can't play because it isn't compatible with my phone (boo!) but I sincerely wish I could join in on the hunt

I agree. My kids (23 and 19) couldn't wait for it and they love it. My husband and I downloaded it and I think it is fun. He thought it was boring and has already deleted it. It may be "elementary", but it isn't any worse than all the people playing candy crush saga and all the other "sagas" on their phones. I haven't seen anyone in my area walking into traffic or driving and playing (that I could tell). I do see lots of groups of people out at the parks spending time walking around outside so I think it is great.