Problem Problem

Options
I check my weight 15 days before and now I am eating clean counting calories ... Running exercise ... This app saying to me eat 1800 cal . But I am eating only 900 to 1000 is that any problem ? I will loss weight ?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    That is nowhere near enough calories for you at all. You will lose weight eating that few calories, but it won't be mostly fat, it will mostly be lean body mass. You want to retain as much as possible your lean body mass even increasing it.

Aside from the wrong type of weight loss, such substantial under eating is likely to lead to fatigue, possible hair loss, binge eating due to extreme hunger, etc etc.

Eat more!
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories, your body goes into "starvation mode" (lethargy, fuzzy-brain, constipation, muscle loss, etc); and then if you start eating too many calories, your body thinks "whew, we survived that!" and packs the weight on as fat so you can survive the next "famine". You'll feel the best by eating just under what you need for day-to-day existence.
  • honorthecolors
    honorthecolors Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @rashid4u21 Good eating habits have consistency. You have a diet where as I have good eating habits. You need more calories to burn calories. You need a certain amount of carbs, fat, protein, sodium, etc.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories the app recommends. Good luck.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories the app recommends. Good luck.

This!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    why would you under eat by so much? you will just make yourself ill
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rashid4u21 wrote: »
    I check my weight 15 days before and now I am eating clean counting calories ... Running exercise ... This app saying to me eat 1800 cal . But I am eating only 900 to 1000 is that any problem ? I will loss weight ?

The problem is that by under eating so much you're not getting all the nutrients that you need to be healthy.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    grannynot wrote: »
    If you don't eat enough calories, your body goes into "starvation mode" (lethargy, fuzzy-brain, constipation, muscle loss, etc); and then if you start eating too many calories, your body thinks "whew, we survived that!" and packs the weight on as fat so you can survive the next "famine". You'll feel the best by eating just under what you need for day-to-day existence.

Starvation mode is a myth!

What is true is that by eating too little you will lose weight but you will also lose energy, hair, muscle, etc. You will also have a tendency toward more binge eating at the current level of calorie intake. Your body needs fuel to perform daily functions and you are definitely not eating enough to provide the fuel and nutrients that your body needs. The recommended minimum for a male is 1500 calories a day, so up your eating to a sustainable level and lose the weight sensibly.