Pregnant and losing weight?

Options
Ive been told multiple times by my doctor that i need to lose weight. I am 6 months pregnant currently. I was just curious if anyone has had any success at doing this? I get so frustrated going to the doctor.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    How much have you gained to make your doctor say that?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight and my doctor said that unless you are super morbidly obese or have additional medical issues you shouldn't lose weight while pregnant. He's old school...but seriously. I'm overweight and pregnant. I was about 190 when I got pregnant and at 5'4" that is overweight. My doctor said I should aim to gain 15-20lbs still. I'm on pace for that.

If your doctor isn't working for you maybe it's time to find a new doctor. I did that at 6 months with my 1st. I didn't trust the doctor or staff and decided I didn't want them delivering my baby.

Now, I don't know your circumstances, but I personally believe you should have a medical professional you trust to deliver your baby.
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was told to gey rid of some weight while pregnant....but ive known this all my life. So i wouldn't get diagnosed with diabetes. I kind of ignored it. To my surprise when i was loosing it with out knowing it. But that had to do with my cravings. I craved nothing but cucumbers. Literally would eat up to 7 or 8 in a day. I would eat other things as well. I lost about 30 punds...but slowly gained it back. After seven years ive decided im going to lose the baby weight. Lol.
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was 13 stone when I got pregnant and didn't gain any weight during my twin pregnancy. I was just too ill with sickness. I weighed 11 and a half stone a week after they were born!

I expressed worry to my midwife, she told me so long as I was staying hydrated then it wasn't really a problem as my body would prioritise the babies wellbeing before my own. I did eat of course just not a lot!

I did swiftly regain all the weight by the way - trying to lose it now haha!

PS - in the UK Slimming World is endorsed to be safe during pregnancy although it is of course adjusted. I'm doing it now (not pregnant though) and it does work.
  • eknapik23
    eknapik23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about losing weight, I'd worry about eating healthy. I had two healthy pregnancies, one from 260 pounds to 300 pounds and one from 300 pounds to 320 pounds. Both times I lost the weight within six weeks (I gained it back after my first, though).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!