2lbs of chuck roast for slow cooker - ideas?

Options
303lissy
303lissy Posts: 427 Member
I'm currently defrosting ~2ish lbs of chuck roast that I plan on throwing in my slow cooker tomorrow or Thursday. I had a recipe in mind, but after looking at the nutritional value, I'm more meh about it now. I'm trying to keep it low carb (fat/protein aren't going to be an issue). I'm not feeling particularly inspired at the moment. Any ideas or recipes you'd like to share?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Chili
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Shredded beef tacos
  • lkeene404
    lkeene404 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-classic-pot-roast OR skinnyms.com/garlic-and-herb-beef-roast-and-potatoes. Both are delicious and low cal. The first one has 13 gm carbs and the second has 7 gm.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My absolute fav thing to do is to slice and onion and pot it on the bottom of the crock pot...toss tbe chuck roast in....dump a jar of giardiniera (hot...the extended cooking time cuts the heat significantly) or bananna peppers on top. Cook low 8 hours....high 4.

You can also add potatoes (in the begginnig),carrots or cauliflower (both about an hour from the end).

Amazing!! I think im making this tomorrow now!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Onions, carrots. Leave off the potatoes.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have a green curry simmer sauce that is dynamite on beef in the crock pot.
  • KarenMoeller2
    KarenMoeller2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Swiss steak with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I have an old crockpot that will actually cook at low temp - the new ones get too hot - I like onion and garlic lining the bottom, then layer of carrots and parsnips, then layer of celery which I don't eat but lends flavor, then the roast. Cook low and slow for four hours and test for doneness. Season before or after according to taste. Yum!
  • CathyBen1
    CathyBen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chuck roast, slow cooked in beef stock, onion soup mix, onions, mushrooms, Rotel tomatoes, served over rice.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It's not low carb but my favorite thing to make with chuck roast in the crockpot is italian beef sandwiches

1 beef chuck roast
    1 jar of pepperoncini (rings or whole - but if whole, poke holes in them with a knife) including juices
    1 bottle of beer of your choice
    1 packet good season italian dressing (dry packet)

Cook on low 8-10 hrs. Shred meat and put back in juices. Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone cheese and giardenera.
  • CathyBen1
    CathyBen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LAREDO BARBECUED POT ROAST
    3 pound boneless chuck roast
    1 small onion, coarsely chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    8 ounce can tomato sauce
    1/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    2 tablespoons vinegar
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional

Brown the roast in hot oil in a large skillet; place in a slow cooker. Sauté the onion and garlic in the pan drippings; add to the slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients; pour over the roast. Cook on LOW 6 hours.

Makes about 8 servings
    Can be frozen

Per Serving: 371 Calories; 27g Fat; 27g Protein; 3.5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs

BEYOND AMAZING
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    pot roast - add some veggies, potatoes and spices - YUM