Apple Watch/iPhone Double Syncing?

Options
(I also posted in the tech support section, but am hoping for a quicker answer...plus I can't attach a screenshot in the tech support section. But I can here!)

I'm wondering if my phone is calculating my exercise correctly, or if I'm getting duplicate calorie burns from various tracking sources?

I have an Apple Watch and use the Workout app. I also use the Health app on my iPhone. **See the attached screenshot for details about my exercise so far**

z2r54abwkou6.png

Am I earning more calories than I should be? Is it syncing from multiple sources? I assume the 118 calories is synced from my Health/Workout app, and the Steps calorie adjustment is syncing from my apple watch. But is the 225 inaccurate because it's duplicating everything?

Help!

Replies

• Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't have an answer to your question but I do have the same question ... here's hoping to find an answer :smile:
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be duplicating. If you click the MFP IOS one it should say that it has included the calories from exercise when working out the steps calories. Otherwise I'd get double for running too!

I've attached a picture. It added the running to the MFP calculation and the steps was just the difference. I would have got more extras for the steps if I hadn't run (although less in total).

I hope that makes sense! Worth checking though.

ug9aykazpndm.png
  • KRuss70
    KRuss70 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You have to turn of the tracking on your phone or it will sync twice. Go to settings on your phone, Motion & Fitness and turn off the Health fitness tracking. Now it should only sync from the apple watch. Hope this helps!