Tired when exercising

Options
I work out at Orange theory every other day and try to push myself. This past weekend I dropped a couple of pounds when I thought I had too many calories (2,000). Usually I have about 1,600 to 1,800 on a normal day.

This morning I was exhausted for no apparent reason. Could I be tired from lake of protein in my diet?

Replies

• purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your body might be reacting to w change in blood sugar (it's used to certain amounts and types of foods and you suddenly gave it something different), not enough water, it might be trying to repair itself, or some days your energy just isn't there. Could be a lot of diff things. We might need more info
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I exercise every other day so what I was asking my body to do is something that is a routine. I am eating about six ounces of chicken the prior day. I average about 1600 calories a day. My body had a full day of rest so I have to believe that my body had recovered from the prior workout.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There could be hundreds of reasons for you feeling tired. I feel tired on some days because of the weather, maybe I didn't sleep as well on the night before. Could be slight dehydration, maybe I didn't eat enough the day before or ate too much.

Like I said, it's kinda hard to tell. Sometimes, I just have days where I feel tired and I'm perfectly ok with that. I'll still try and workout at the same intensity and if not, I'll just work out at a lower intensity that I feel I can handle but for a longer time.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Some days you just feel tired
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is there a lack of protein in your diet? How much do you eat per day?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You are specifically questioning protein? Is the 6 ounces of chicken a day all you eat that is high in protein?

On the other side of the equation, is this exhaustion or fatigue? This is usually secondary symptoms to something else. If you are just tired in general with no other side affects, could be many many things. How are you sleeping at night?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Some days you just feel tired

This.
  • Chrismadison100
    Options

Generally about 1600 calories a day. I try to have 3 ounces of tuna fish at lunch with either black beans.

• purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I dropped a couple of pounds when I thought I had too many calories (2,000). Usually I have about 1,600 to 1,800 on a normal day.

200-400 cals more than your usual can screw w your blood sugar and make you tired, and that's what I meant by "something different."

I am eating about six ounces of chicken the prior day. I average about 1600 calories a day. My body had a full day of rest so I have to believe that my body had recovered from the prior workout.

If you're consistently working out, over time your body can just get worn out. A day or two of rest isn't always enough to recover. Also, 6 oz of chicken and 3 oz of tuna + beans does not sound like enough protein
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Generally about 1600 calories a day. I try to have 3 ounces of tuna fish at lunch with either black beans.

how much protein?
  • Chrismadison100
    Options
    hmm. That is a good question. I have just learned how important that is. I am going to give whey a try.