Maintain 50% Carbs 30 % Fat and 20% Protein

What meals should I eat for 1500-2000 calorie diet while only consuming 50% Carbs 30 % Fat and 20% Protein a day?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    What you want to eat.

I focus on nutrition and foods I like. (I aim for similar macros at maintenance.)
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    the % will give you goals in grams. Protein and fat are minimums not maximums, it's fine to go over. Start adding food and see what your totals are. If you're low in one area start adding food high in that macro. It gets easier the more you do it. Google lists of foods high in protein and fat to get an idea.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    The only thing I paid attention to was Protein and staying within my calories. Kept things simple.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    wdavis3611 wrote: »
    What meals should I eat for 1500-2000 calorie diet while only consuming 50% Carbs 30 % Fat and 20% Protein a day?

There is no "only" here. 100% is the sum of those three macronutrients.

The recommendation is meant as a guideline, not a law. That macro split corresponds with many populations' average, "normal" diets. You can eat anything you want. Eat in a way that fits your preferences, schedule, ethics, and provides you with energy and satiety.

Food quality is just as important as hitting macros. A varied diet based on real, whole foods, will ensure you get appropriate nutrition. Aim to eat some fruit, vegetables, meat/fish/eggs/beans, whole grains/starchy vegetables, dairy, fat/oils, nuts/seeds every day, and change them up as much as practically possible.