Favorite clean eating dinner recipe?

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
My mini goal for the next two weeks is to focus on more clean eating. I struggle with dinner most (too many ingredients!)
So I am curious what is your favorite clean eating dinner recipe?

Replies

• QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chicken (or tofu) lettuce wraps.

Throw some cubed chicken in a pan with oil. Let it get pretty browned. Then add some raw corn. Let all of that cook a bit. Add some chili powder, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce (weird, but its great!). Let it all cook up in the pan for a while add things at your own taste. Then when its done, make a little wrap from a romaine lettuce leaf and munch away! Sometimes I switch the chicken for tofu when I'm going meatless, and its even better. Its super fresh and it has lots of flavors and textures. SO YUMMY!

Super fast and easy! And it only takes one pan.
  • Jellif1sh
    Jellif1sh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different idea of what clean means. For some it means (among other things) nothing processed or refined beyond the minimum, but that isn't what it means to me. (which brings me to why I even raise it....)

My absolute favorite clean recipe is salsa chicken. I use spicy salsa from a jar (some might not consider that clean) and frozen chicken breasts, throw both in the crockpot while I'm at work all day, and shred it when I get home. You can eat it over veggies, potato, rice, or throw it on a wrap. It's crazy versatile and very tasty.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,962 Member
    Options
    Rib steak with fried mushrooms, onion, thyme, heavy cream and white wine vinegar, with grilled asparagus marinated in evoo and garlic.......that was tonight's dinner. Tomorrow is pan fried scallops with a potato celeriac puree with tarragon and sauteed capers with a beurre blanc sauce and a garden salad. Easy and few ingredients, nothing takes more than 30 minutes.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to answer this question, because I have no idea what "clean eating" is. I tend to follow Michael Pollan's advice: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. By "food," Pollan means something that our grandparents (or great-grandparents, if you're young) would have recognized as food: no TV dinners, Twinkies, nutrition bars, etc.

My dinner last night was penne with a sauce of diced sautéed red peppers, petite peas, diced prosciutto, light cream, and parmesan, followed by a salad. It took me 30 minutes to make the pasta and sauce, but much of that was unattended cooking time while I watched TV and did a little more during the commercial breaks. Once you have a repertoire of 5-15 quick meals that you have prepared over and over again, you learn how to do things on autopilot and they don't seem that daunting.

Gourmet magazine published a couple of cookbooks that have recipes that taste good and don't take much time: Gourmet's Quick Kitchen and Gourmet's In Short Order. I use them a lot, for recipes and for inspiration.

I also make huge vats of soup and stew every few months, then parcel them out into individual servings and freeze them. Then dinner's just a matter of thawing and reheating, and adding bread and salad.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken breasts, roasted broccoli or brussel sprouts, salad of romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes with lemon juice and herbs, fresh fruit..
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here is a few recipes:

An easy recipe for me is:
    4 frozen chicken breast
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 pkg ranch dry mix
    1 jar of salsa
    Cheese

Spray crockpot with pam then place frozen chicken. Mix the remaining ingriendient excluding cheese. Pour over chicken and cook 4-6 hours. Take a fork and shred chicken then add cheese. Delicious! You can eat by itself or on Joseph's pita bread--low carb,fat and calories. Very good. I toast my pita bread in a skillet by spraying pam in it and toast each side or fold it and toast it.

Roast

Place roast in crockpot after seasoning with season salt and S&P, --Add veggies (carrots, celery, onions...)
    Optional: Lipton onion soup mix beef flavor
    Cook 6-8 hours--Roast will fall apart

Marinate Chicken breast in Zesty Italian Dressing (4-6 or over night)--Then grill, bake or with light Olive oil cook. I cook mine in my Nuwave Oven so oil is not needed. Very good and hardly no prep time.

Cream cheese pancakes
    208 calories, 6.6 carbs, 6.2 sugar and 20 protein

2 oz fat free cream cheese
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp cinommon

Mix and pour in HOT skillet. They are best if skillet is hot--they make fuller pancakes when skillet is hot. Thin if not.
    Top with sugar free coolwhip or cinommon, fresh fruit, peanut butter.
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Make up brown rice. While that's cooking I 'sautee' mushrooms, chopped bell pepper and diced onion in water and spices (salt, pepper and garlic powder). When rice is done mix veggies in and add a splash of soy sauce. You can also add sliced carrots and cooked peas. Tastes great and very filling.
  • daisygeep
    Options
    Have you looked at the Magazine Clean Eating? I get it at my public library and it is full of amazing yummy ideas!

A typical weeknight dinner for my family is grilled meat with 2-3 veggie based sides. We don't do a lot of carb sides. So something simple like tonight was pork loin with a homemade dry rub on the grill, coleslaw made with greek yogurt, sliced tomatoes, and grilled corn.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash is my favorite
    you cut it in half and take the seeds out brush the flesh with olive oil and put skin up roast at 350 for about 30-45 mins and then I will add ground turkey cheese marinara maybe some veggies anything you would put on spaghetti.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    bump to look at and use later!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Boiled and shredded chicken breast, oven roasted potatoes, diced avocados and mexican-style salsa. Super yummy!