Going to the Wilderness

Options
I will be heading out next week to go to girls camp as a leader with my church. I am scared about the food. I have heard though they try and have fruits and veggies with every meal so I will probably be relying on them heavily. I am hoping if I use portion control that I will be fine. We walk everywhere so I'm not too scared about exercise. I am thinking about bringing some of my own snacks just in case things start getting crazy. Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    "just in case things start getting crazy" LOL. that made me giggle. I thibk you will be fine! camping isnt exactly smooth sailing, you lots of walking, activities, youll be burning cals the whole time. I would say you should be fine. maybe if you grill one night - hotdogs & burgers, eath them with out the buns, and lots of veggies. It is also a msart choice to bring your own healthy snacks!
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well you know a bunch girls ranging in age from 12-18, things tend to get crazy at some point. LOL. Yeah I am trying to think of things I can make that don't need to be refridgerated because I don't have much money and there won't be a fridge. Any ideas?