Healthy breakfast??

Options
I usually like big breakfasts but sometimes I'm in a rush, especially during the school year! So those mornings, I'll usually have a luna bar, an apple and my regular coffee. I was just wondering if this is healthy for breakfast? And if you could gimme some other breakfast ideas that'd be great too!

Replies

• KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Bacon and eggs :) Throw in a slice of toast if that's your bag.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you're on the go, you could always do a fruit and veggie smoothie with protein powder.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Quaker weight control instant oatmeal. Higher protein than the others and only 1g of sugar (if you are watching that).
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're not doing low carb (I don't either). I'd say that quick-cook (not instant) oatmeal would be a good option. It takes maybe 4-5 minutes to make and it's all the right things. Add your add-in of choice (raisins, apples, etc). I'd put a glass of milk with it if it were me.

What do I eat, though? Usually greek yogurt or nothing.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Greek plain nonfat yogurt with 2 T of muesli and some berries.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love toast, eggs.. Oatmeal and fruit! Or greek yogurt and apples. Yum yum.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    For me that's not enough. Luna bars are supposedly made with organic, healthy ingredients but the bottom line is they're still processed and you could probably make something homemade ahead of time that would be just as quick to grab and go in the morning. I have a couple of go-to's: a Thomas' Triple Health English muffin, one egg, one slice of Sargento Ultra Thin cheese and an ounce of ham to make a sandwich plus an apple or some berries OR 1/2 c plain low fat yogurt, 1/4 c fat free cottage cheese, 1 T walnuts, 1/2 banana (diced), 1/2 c blueberries, 1/4 c Uncle Sam's Wheat & Flax cereal. I mix everything but the cereal the night before and add the cereal just before I eat it so it stays crunchy. Both are around 300 calories and are very satisfying.
  • sabrinagracenichols
    Options
    Thank you for all the recommendations everyone!