Bras

Options
2»

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    If you go to any Victoria's Secret the sales people will totally help you select a good bra. VS is one of the few stores that actually likes to help it's customers lololol
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    ericaconti wrote: »
    I was obese my entire life. I've always worn bras with underwire. After losing 140+ pounds, I've recently gotten a breast lift. As I transition out of my post surgery wear, my surgeon suggested no underwire and I don't need it anymore anyway. I've never bought a bra without underwire. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Congrats on the weight loss thats awesome! And i would highly recommend Victoria's Secret, i know they seem pricey but i always buy my wireless bras in the $20 and under bins. They're so comfortable and at the same time have awesome support and coverage, iv never been a girl to buy "supportless" bras because i never felt i could pull them off and i love my push ups, but i am 100% obsessed with them now and they're absolutely worth every penny. Lol
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    For everyday wear, I like the Playtex 18 hour bras without underwires - good price and good support. After having to go through the TSA "Grope Box" at the airport because of underwire bras - I said "never again". (That was shortly after a couple women had been caught smuggling bombs tucked under their bras)
  • zainabanwer
    zainabanwer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How much did the surgery cost? (if you don't mind me asking)
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Filament sport bra. But I'm flat.....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    On reddit /r/abrathatfits you can measure your accurate size (if you are outside of the generally accepted matrix this is extremely helpful). My bra size is very unusual (band size 26) and difficult to find. I am not much help. You can look on reddit or ask once you have your bra size. I can't wear underwire. It just doesn't work. Because the sizing is always off it hits me in the wrong place and even though it's too big it bruises me. I am wearing Aerie bralettes for now.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bralettes? VS sells them, and I found some that were pretty and comfortable at Kohls, even padded. There are lots of choices for underwire-free bras now.
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How much did the surgery cost? (if you don't mind me asking)

I paid $6500 and it was worth every penny. I also got a thigh lift, which, again, cost a lot, but worth every penny.
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bralettes? VS sells them, and I found some that were pretty and comfortable at Kohls, even padded. There are lots of choices for underwire-free bras now.

I actually went today and tried some on at VS. I didn't care for them, but found one at JC Penney I kind of liked. I bought one to try it out. Thanks!

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret just came out with a whole line of new comfy Bras without underwire. They were on sale online for 25 bucks yesterday. I'd go see if they still are!! They were so cute : )

I have these too. Very comfortable and the saleswomen know what they're doing!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Pick your favorite old bra, snip the casing for the wire and pull it out. Taaadaaaa!

I just did this with a bra that I wear with a certain dress. So much better now. Won't injure me anymore. Yay!