I've gained like 9 pounds

Options
I've gained 9 pounds what should I do help please

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Accurately track everything you eat and drink in your food diary and eat at the calorie limit that MFP recommends to lose 1 pound per week until your 9 lbs are gone.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    What you can't do is "wish" for it go away. I have to echo everyone, eat less.
  • sdpatterson1234
    sdpatterson1234 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do eat less I stay within my calorie number which is 1300 I walk on the treadmill everyday for 20 minutes my problem is sugar I can't go without it and ideas on going sugar free ?
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You can go without it, you just need to buck up and stop eating it if that's what you really want. Or, you can fit your sweets into your 1300 calories.

Drink more water, eat more protein, fiber, and fat to stay satiated. Meats, veggies, nuts, avocado, fruit. You can do this.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I do eat less I stay within my calorie number which is 1300 I walk on the treadmill everyday for 20 minutes my problem is sugar I can't go without it and ideas on going sugar free ?

Are you weighing and measuring everything to make sure you're really eating 1300 calories? The only way sugar makes you gain weight is if you go over your calorie goal. Also, walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes isn't going to be a very big calorie burn - if you're trying to get a bigger deficit with exercise, consider working out longer or increasing the intensity of your workout.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think you should cut back your sugar track, measure and weigh your food and up your treadmill time from 20 minutes to 60 minutes or whatever works for you. I don't think 20 minutes is enough exercise on maintenance if your not spot on with your food.

Just my 2 cents.....
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options

What were you doing that caused the gain? Did you get off on the diet? less time exercising? stress?
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options

There are a lot of sugar free options, but honestly don't eat refined sugar (candy, sweets, cookies, etc.). Get your glucose from raw fruits and veggies. I switched to that and my sugar intake has decreased.

Also check with your water intake and if it's really serious get it checked out.
  • sdpatterson1234
    sdpatterson1234 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I lost my job in June and I did a lot of walking maybe 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day so now I'm not walking like I use to and I'm still on the diet but I'm home all the time with my grandson I eat healthy but it's the sugar I crave.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lack of exercise will put the weight back on you for sure.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    as others have said, you aren't gaining eating 1300 calories, regardless of the amount of those cals are made up of sugar, you are eating more than you think.
    Tighten your logging, use a food scale and you'll lose.
    If you are moving less you are burning less calories, that also will factor in - why can't you get out and about with your grandson, make a point to still get those steps in :smile: .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

stop eating so much
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I lost my job in June and I did a lot of walking maybe 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day so now I'm not walking like I use to and I'm still on the diet but I'm home all the time with my grandson I eat healthy but it's the sugar I crave.

So you have more time to walk not less ...take grandson out

You need to weigh and log your food accurately and include your sweet things

I can almost guarantee you have no idea how many calories you are consuming

• Lorraine7486
    Lorraine7486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Best thing I have done is seriously reduced my sugar intake. That helps shift the pounds.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are taking measurements, body weight fluctuates a lot for many reasons including water weight. The scale does tissue, fat, muscle and bone not just fat alone. Also make sure you are drinking enough water, it is recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. We are made up mostly of water so the whole 8 cups a day doesn't make sense when we are all different sizes and have individual needs. Eat less salt, every 1/2tsp can add 1lb of water weight on the scale because sodium can hold 16ounces or 1lb of water. I take a natural supplement called Plexus Slim and it regulates your blood sugar which reduces cravings for sugar and helps in many aspects, including weight loss and improved energy. Be smart about what foods you eat, and make sure you get at least 1200 calories in a day to avoid putting your body into starvation mode. Make sure you are not drinking soda, because that has a lot of sugar in it and makes you crave more sugar. I hope this helps!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Best thing I have done is seriously reduced my sugar intake. That helps shift the pounds.

Seriously reducing sugar intake means seriously reducing calories which helps shift the pounds

There is nothing in sugar that stops pounds being shifted if calories are in check ...although as it is generally combined with fats and carbs into calorie dense highly palatable foods it can result in higher intake than planned or allowed for on a weight loss diet
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Plug your stats into MFP and eat the number of calories it tells you to.