Fitbits?

Options
2»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and a Blaze and love them. For me, they're great for motivation, sleep tracking, and calorie burn, and resting heart rate. I found my Charge HR very accurate; my Blaze is still getting to know me (they become more accurate the longer amount of time you wear them) and mine's relatively new. I've lost 52 lbs and have maintained for over a year now. I was using a Polar FT 7 for gym workouts (steady state cardio) and hated the chest strap. When I converted over to the Fitbits I found that they were very close to my Polar burns. I love the all day calorie counts with the Fitbits and heart rate monitors do not work for all day wear.

The biggest problem with trackers is that MFP can't handle all the data traffic so the data transfer from Fitbits and other trackers is often slow or stops for periods of time. Come on, MFP, get you "kitten" together!
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and the Charge HR and I love them. But now reading these comments I kinda want the Alta! I would love to have something that nudges me to be more active. Plus, I think I read something about automatic exercise tracking. That would be really cool. I was using the Flex and loved it, and loved the fact that it was waterproof and I could wear it in the shower and while swimming. The only thing about it that bothered me is that it didn't display the number of steps I had taken, just the number of dots. I got the Charge HR because of that, and because I wanted the heart rate tracker. Before those I had the Fitbit Classic, and the Fitbit One. I have loved them all.

Yes! My FitBit Alta auto tracks my exercise. Every time I'm active for 10 or more consecutive minutes (you can change this to whatever you want), it will make a separate log for that activity and then it gives you goals for how many active minutes you should have in a day, how many times you should be exercising per week, etc. I have found that it's pretty good at deciphering what type of activity it is, too, such as running, walking, aerobics, etc. Definitely one of my favorite features.
  • oxxobribri
    oxxobribri Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just a heads up, I bought the Fitbit Charge HR back in November. Now I do like it, but there's an issue with the band bubbling and separating from the device. Still works and everything, but it's still an issue. I was able to get a free replacement through Fitbit, but had I known about the issue, it may have changed my mind a bit about getting one. I love the sleep recording, but I can track steps on my phone and my main exercise is biking anyway, and I use Map My Fitness to track that.
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had the charge hr and loved it, but love my Blaze! I like that the bands are replaceable and the battery charge tends to last me about 4 days. I just charge it while in the shower as necessary. It's been great with exercise, step, and hr tracking. Notifications are great but can be a bit buggy at times. However, I wouldn't go back.
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I was reading the community here and found a topic about Fitbits. What the heck is that I thought! So I had to get one. Started with the Zip. Went from a 4 min maximum walk to 10,000 steps in no time. Graduated to the One for the stair counts. Really wanted the Alta but it doesn't do the stair counts. The "one" has lots of accessories available, can even put on a watch band and on Etsy there is some really cool jewelry inserts that some have made. Necklaces etc I wouldn't trade my One for anything now. Can discreetly hide it if I want and still get my counts. The motivation that a fitbit provides is invaluable!