Canada/Quebec: ideas for packaged food purchases

Options
zaz936
zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
Hi all,

Joining back after being off for a while.

I used to be all local foods and prepping everything from scratch. But once I changed jobs last september, I ran out of time and dropped all my good habits at once. Right now, my goal is to priorize getting back in shape through exercice, which means that I have no time to cook.

So my plan is to start good again, but to rely on pre-packaged foods when possible. So I am looking for supper time meals (for a family of 4) ideas that can rely on pre-prepped food. I mostly shop at Costco and IGA.

Ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What about bags of pre-cut mixed veggies that you can add to a stir fry? It doesn't take a lot of effort to buy a package of chicken, cube it, and then make a nice stir fry.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    At costco the panko chicken tenders (not the nuggets) are pretty healthy for a packaged food. Weigh them on a food scale. That is a food you want to log correctly. Have a salad on the side, or broccoli.
    There is always the rotisserie chicken you can pick up on the way home. One $5 chicken can feed 4.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You can also do a big meal prep on a day you don't work so you have meals ready to go for your family w/o having to rely on pre-packaged food. It could save you money in the long run.
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. Samanthalua : unfortunately, no days off at this time as we stay at the campground on week-ends so we are not equipped for cooking.