Losing inches, but not losing weight.

Options
This probably has been asked on here before and I have Googled it several times. My clothes are becoming loose, I measure my body once a month, about 2 weeks or so after my monthly and they always go down a little. Please explain to me why this happens? Ty

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Water weight often mask scale losses. This is why most of us say to use the scale along with other methods of measuring progress because the scale does not say all.

Also, because I know it is coming, it is not muscle gain unless you're deliberately on a progressive program.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on inches lost. That's great!
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far. I have struggled with this over the past month. I have stayed between 200-210. Going under 200 would be two huge milestones for me.. I will have lost 50lbs total and...I would be under 200.

In the beginning of July I tried on a pair of smaller jeans I bought a while ago along with some smaller work pants I had tucked away. Discouraged that they didn't fit. I've continued to do my thing and I am still fluctuating that same 10lbs. I'll admit my cheat meals probably have gotten out of control which may have slowed my weight loss... However, as of this week both the jeans and work pants fit and haven't budged on the scale. I haven't taken measurements but I'm pretty happy to start getting my old wardrobe back regardless of the # on the scale.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I was relating to you and didn't have an actual answer. Cause I am not really sure. But I'll take it! haha
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Your clothes are looser, you are getting smaller. Nobody's going to be able to tell that you are the same weight. It is a good thing!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You're weighing during ovulation which is the worst possible time. Personally I find that the more often I weigh, the easier it is to see the real trend but if you are dead set on once a month, I'd do it after your tom has just finished.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    seeing as people see your physical size and you dont walk around with a scale showing everyone the number, i dont see how this is a problem.

I'll take smaller clothes over the relative force of gravity on my body at any given moment in time, any day.