ladies on the pill...

Options
how do you find it affects your weight??

Im wondering because I know we retain water at several times of our cycle BUT Iv noticed I dont seem to shift hardly any weight at all until I finishe my strip and have the week break, I then have a 6/7lb drop over the course of finishing the strip and the second day of my period.

its like I have the whole months weight loss drop off in over those few days.

is the pill making me hold water thats masking weight loss and then once i stop it the water weight and actually weight loss shows on the scales??

example i weighed 92.5kg...was going up and down by 1/1.5kg all month then over the few days from finishing my pills to the 2nd day after period arrived id dropped to 89kg (so the course of 5 days thats like 3.5kg (7.7lbs) in 5 days .....like wtf

since then my weight has been up and down between 89kg and 91.1kg and Im waiting to finish my next strip of pills to see if I have the same big drop again.

so, do any of you find the same thing? or do you have a steady loss through out the month?

Replies

• Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD, and I have pretty much stopped weighing myself a week before and during the (false) ovulation time. I definitely notice a hike in water weight and I can feel it in my body (and boobs, sorry TMI) When it's over, my body snaps back to where I was before. Something that helps is to just cut way back on salty and sugary foods, booze, etc during PMS. (I know seems totally unrealistic lol)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    wine is good for PMS though lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't have any weight gain from my pill. I am on the lowest dosage so my depression doesn't crank up.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Soy_K wrote: »
    I have an IUD, and I have pretty much stopped weighing myself a week before and during the (false) ovulation time. I definitely notice a hike in water weight and I can feel it in my body (and boobs, sorry TMI) When it's over, my body snaps back to where I was before. Something that helps is to just cut way back on salty and sugary foods, booze, etc during PMS. (I know seems totally unrealistic lol)

IUDs don't typically stop ovulation (The skyla/mirena say it "may" stop ovulation, but that's not how it actually works. The copper IUD doesn't stop it, either). You're probably having a normal cycle.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I gained a buttload of weight on a combination pill due to overeating. I am now lighter than when I started on it. I switched to an IUD in April. Still losing.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I just retain water generally, so have whooshes and stalls as general pattern. As long as the trend over time is down when the scale deigns to show the losses isn't too much of a big deal (though even for those of us seasoned it can get a little annoying).
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I was on the pill about ten years and although I believed it made me gain weight initially, I still lost all my weight still on it. Since coming off (jan) I noticed my appetite has dropped a little and my "full" reflex is stronger, I would happily push myself into eating till I felt sick before rather than now when I recognise when I'm full and stop. Mostly lol. But now I'm off it and my hormones are o naturel. .. geez the few days before old flow I'm a carb craving monster and the angriest bear ever (never had that before!) And I crave chocolate whilst on, I am now a walking cliché. I bounce up about 4 lbs be for coming on to so I wouldn't be surprised if you are having water weight masking actual losses but that would only be to a certain point.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I gain so much weight on the pill--up to 4 pounds a week for several consecutive weeks. I'm off of it now and it's so much easier to maintain my weight.