If you're having a salad for lunch, what do you have with it?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Ranch dressing. For crunch, I add croutons.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't care for much lettuce and often don't have any in my salads. Spinach and other greens, carrot coins, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, and any other fresh vegetable/fruit I have about, with whatever toasted nuts I have. Most salad dressings are either too sweet or too thick, so I water them down. A side of crispy sour dough with garlic or cheese is nice.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Greek salad with shrimp or chicken or my favourite is taco salad - lots of greens, salsa, ground spiced beef and sour cream - lovely!!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I usually have a salad w/ a mixture of veggies, example: Romaine, spinach, kale, chard, red cabbage, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, broccoli, banana peppers or jalapenos, snap peas, shredded carrots, cucumber. Salad Dressing I use is Ken's raspberry walnut vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar w/ squeeze of lemon juice or Herdez Gucamole Salsa. Soup: Lentil, split pea, veggie, minestrone, black bean soup etc.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds) are delicious and crunchy.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I really like Blue Diamond's Nut Thins. Lots of varieties. I like the almond Ranch, almond Honey Cinnamon, and almond Honey Mustard. Very tasty and a serving is 130ish calories and substantial.

http://bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=34
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I get my salad crunch from the celery I put into the salad.

edit to add ... or the radish.
  • wilbudl
    wilbudl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    baby spinach, raw sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg, craisins, lite ranch
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just...have the salad. Usually it's 200 calories and huge because I used 180g of greens, about 200g of peppers and other veg like pepperoncini, red cabbage, or cucumbers. Then I have one laughing cow cheese wedge, 50-100 calories of tuna, and use hot sauce as dressing.

I'll have a snack about 2-3 hours later. Something with at least 20g of protein.

hnnng

lol
  • phenomenalwoman89
    phenomenalwoman89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll typically put something with some crunch or a good chew to my salad. Or I'll do a smaller salad with less impact and have a half sandwich.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I pack a salad twice a week and because if I do it everyday I get so sick of it. I make a monster vegetable salad with LTO, Hard Boiled Eggs, Cheddar, Matchstick carrots give it a nice crunch. It's simple but satisfying.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I had big *kitten* salads all week, lettuce, corn, green and red peppers, chicken breast, sour cream, seasonings, balsamic and dressing. I bought tortilla strips for the salad, but left them on the table everyday
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Avocado! Eggs or chicken
    Add me mybdiarybisnopen
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually pair a sandwich with a salad, sometimes a hamburger [making it as lean as possible].
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    We had salad again tonight, with sides of turkey bacon and a boiled egg.
  • ellie_RN
    ellie_RN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am addicted to rice cakes, lightly salted. They are 35 calories for one cake… Also, OP, salads can have hidden calories so just be careful!