Water weight loss?

Options
Hello i am coming to the end of my 1st bulk i weigh around 175 pounds & about 20% bodyfat i was wondering how much water weight did you guys lose in your 1st week and how much do you think i will? Im currently eating 800 calories over maintenance and also taking creatine (so my muscles are holding alot of water) im going to starting cutting on a 1lb per week but was wondering when i hope off the creatine and get into a deficit of 200-400 calories after a week could I expect almost 5 pounds or more!!? Thanks for your input and also let me know how much you lost after your 1st week of weight loss thx!

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Absolutely impossible to tell and everyone is different. Sorry if that isn't the answer you wanted.
  • Raptorbh12
    Raptorbh12 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The amount of water weight you will lose depends on the 1. the creatine saturation in your muscles, 2. your lean body mass that is holding onto those creatine stores, and 3. fluctuation in carbs/glycogen in your muscles which add water weight as well. If you are doing a moderate carb cut, your water weight will be approx. 3-5lbs judging from your pic. If you cut carbs as well, water weight can drop up to 7lbs in a week.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    As already stated it's impossible to predict the water weight loss.

However I am curious as to why you are going to drop the creatine during your cut?
  • itsflaccoi
    itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    As already stated it's impossible to predict the water weight loss.

However I am curious as to why you are going to drop the creatine during your cut?

I had no ideal that Creatine was a cutting type of supplement i thought it is only for bulking so your muscles can juice up on some water plus im focusing on the scale i have a goal and if im holding onto water than my weigh ins will fluctuate