How often do you weigh?

Options
LannyMixon
LannyMixon Posts: 30 Member
I am just getting back on track, right now my plan is to weigh once a week (every Friday morning), down 5.6 lbs my first weigh-in.

How often do you weigh, do you even weight thoughts?

Replies

• ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Daily. I find the ups and downs interesting. My "official" weigh in is Friday morning.
  • dr_firefly
    dr_firefly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week on Mondays. I get too disappointed with the daily up and downs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Daily. I find the ups and downs interesting. My "official" weigh in is Friday morning.

This. I like to see the trends.
  • karenshoope126
    karenshoope126 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Daily..I wish I could do a weekly weigh in but I am much too curious. It is funny though...I know pretty much exactly how much I will gain or lose!
  • Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Daily..I try to limit weight updates in the app to once a week though.
  • TMW45
    TMW45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • LannyMixon
    Options
    I just don't know if I can take the ups and downs of weighing every day.
  • brooksullivan12
    brooksullivan12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly usually Mondays or tuesdays. Daily is too much for me. I get frustrated by the ups and downs during the week.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When I started the journey at the beginning of this month, I promised myself I would only step on the scale weekly but my travel schedule has monkeyed with that. I have been on the scale twice this week already & it's only Wednesday. I'm afraid I'm getting obsessive & I don't want to do that.
  • LadyoftheCake
    LadyoftheCake Posts: 27 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I weigh daily (because that's what my pre-diabetic class leaders wants us to do), and I make a note of it, but I actually go by whatever I weigh in class (currently we weigh in every other week), and that's what I report into MFP, leaving it be until the next time.
  • GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LannyMixon wrote: »
    Once a week....taken as soon as you get up and go to the bathroom and THEN weigh yourself...
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but that's because I'm prone to severe edema [excess water weight] and I have to keep track of my weight to keep it in check.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning around the same time after I use the restroom before doing anything else sans clothes with the scale in the same spot. I take an average for the week and I consider Saturday my official weigh day for week to week comparisons but I can also use the averages which seem to be more accurate in determining where I stand.
  • Awillz_Conqueror
    Awillz_Conqueror Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after using the bathroom. I weigh officially every other week. That allows me to adjust my calories accordingly.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Consider weighing daily and taking the average over 7 days. Condition yourself to only pay attention to the weekly averages rather than the day to day number.

This average will smooth out the natural (and perfectly normal) day to day ups and downs that may occur.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Every day at same time in morning and use Mondays as my reference for the week
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Daily. If it goes up during a deficit I ignore it as it's clearly just water weight and/or stomach contents, but if it goes down I log it.

When I'm not activly trying to lose weight though once every week or two, just to keep myself in check and make sure I'm not gaining and not realising.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I like it.
  • LannyMixon
    Options
    terakrantz wrote: »

As someone who has 100 lbs to lose and very slow metabolism.. I get what you are saying. It can be a huge confidence maker or breaker. I say stick to the weekly! Fridays are good b/c if you indulge a bit on the weekend (an extra beer or something) then you have time to "erase it"

I am on that 100-pound journey myself.
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but my "official" weigh in day is Wednesday. The ups/downs don't get to me anymore. I can pretty much predict them after 18 months of this.