Are you concerned with what's in your food other than calories?

Options
124»

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    avadahm wrote: »
    High- processed/chemical laden foods should be rarely consumed (have any of them actually been GOOD for anyone?) for good measure.

My understanding is that vitamin and mineral fortification of processed foods has more or less put an end to malnutrition in the developed world, outside of willfully poor diets or abject poverty.

This reminds me...

The added folic acid in my processed breakfast cereal helped prevent spina bifida and other neural tube defects when I was pregnant. It is also found in enriched breads, pasta, and rice according to the CDC.

Iodine added to table salt helps prevent thyroid disorders, as referenced by the Mayo clinic.

And let's not forget, the ubiquitous flouride in water helping prevent tooth decay.

Or people could just learn to brush their teeth.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    avadahm wrote: »
    High- processed/chemical laden foods should be rarely consumed (have any of them actually been GOOD for anyone?) for good measure.

My understanding is that vitamin and mineral fortification of processed foods has more or less put an end to malnutrition in the developed world, outside of willfully poor diets or abject poverty.

This reminds me...

The added folic acid in my processed breakfast cereal helped prevent spina bifida and other neural tube defects when I was pregnant. It is also found in enriched breads, pasta, and rice according to the CDC.

Iodine added to table salt helps prevent thyroid disorders, as referenced by the Mayo clinic.

And let's not forget, the ubiquitous flouride in water helping prevent tooth decay.

Or people could just learn to brush their teeth.

When i had cavities I brushed my teeth after every meal and flossed daily soo....