wrong Beliefs

Options
Some think that the food is the main reason for weight gain but this wrong my friend, I know people from my family and friends and eat only one meal a day, so they think will diminish their weight quickly but the opposite happened, some increased weight,
They were in a state of shock and surprise of what happened.
After several days of searching for the main reason that causes weight gain.
What you think?
The reason sugars, they increased their sugary drinks, sweets, and chocolate.
They decided to leave everything that contains sugar and here their weight began to decrease and now they are very happy.
DON NOT eat or drink anything contains a high proportion of SUGAR

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'll get right onto that, thanks!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    saadstom8 wrote: »
    Some think that the food is the main reason for weight gain but this wrong my friend, I know people from my family and friends and eat only one meal a day, so they think will diminish their weight quickly but the opposite happened, some increased weight,
    What you think?
    They decided to leave everything that contains sugar and here their weight began to decrease and now they are very happy.

If you cut anything out of your diet without replacing it with something else, then you're automatically consuming less calories. Your statement would also apply if you replaced the words sugar/sugary/sweet with bacon.

• Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh and just to clarify...

TgJq38Z.gif
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday?
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday?

It's not even Friday in Australia yet.... isn't it still hump day in some parts of the world though? That might be why.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    sweets, and chocolate are high in fat and low in moisture which means they have a lot of calories in a small volume. Sugary drinks go right through you and don't keep you full long.

It doesn't matter how many meals your relatives have, if they are eating too many calories in foods that don't fill them up (potential for even more calories) they will gain weight.

the calories in food needs to be accounted for, sugary or otherwise. Many people here consume sugary foods and lose weight without problems because they know how to stay in a deficit.
  • saadstom8
    saadstom8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    saadstom8 wrote: »
    What you think?

What if I told you....

I lost 90lbs including sugary foods and drink in my WOE and have proof?

So, are you saying that you know better than scientists and dieticians?

Calories ARE king. Just because you know of those who supposedly eat one meal, doesn't mean they eat less calories than they burn.
    sweets, and chocolate are high in fat and low in moisture which means they have a lot of calories in a small volume. Sugary drinks go right through you and don't keep you full long.

It doesn't matter how many meals your relatives have, if they are eating too many calories in foods that don't fill them up (potential for even more calories) they will gain weight.

the calories in food needs to be accounted for, sugary or otherwise. Many people here consume sugary foods and lose weight without problems because they know how to stay in a deficit.

Guys,
    You probably already know that eating too much added sugar can make you fat—but how overweight or obese will you get? Until now, the research done on how sugar affects your health has been somewhat sketchy, but a new review of the latest and greatest science by New Zealand researchers has it all up a bit.

The results, published today on BMJ.com, found that (drumroll please)...

People who ate less sugar (without being told to lose weight) lost an average of 1.8 pounds over a period of 10 weeks to 6 months.
    Similarly, people who increased their sugar intake gained 1.7 pounds, with most studies lasting less than 8 weeks. Small changes, yes, but over time this weight gain can really add up.
    So why does sugar make you fat? The researchers suspect that, unsurprisingly, people who eat sugar get more calories than they burn off with physical activity. In addition, sugar-sweetened beverages are less filling than naturally sweet foods like fruit, so you’re more likely to overindulge with a soda than an apple. And don’t forget the sweetened snacks—they are energy dense, meaning one box of mini-donuts really packs on the pounds.

The solution? Cut back on sugar in your diet (duh), but don’t stop at the obvious culprits like sodas and chocolate bars. Keep an eye out for these surprising sugar bombs—and you’ll be healthier in no time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Nope, eating a homemade chocolate chip cookie as I type this. I may have another because they fit into my daily calories for the day. duh
    I just had a Hershey's small chocolate bar. And am well within calorie limits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain weight ... CI>CO. Eat more calories than you burn.

If you want to lose weight ... CI <CO. Eat fewer calories than you burn.

If you want to maintain your weight ... CI=CO. Eat the same number of calories you burn.

What you eat is up to you ... whatever you like, whatever works for you ... as long as the calories are an amount that meets your goal.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    So now you've shared all the wrong beliefs, what's the truth?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    What is there to say that hasn't been said. Too much food (or, rather, too many calories' worth of food) is the culprit, not sugar itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM