Question about daily activity..

Options
So I recently changed my daily activity from sedentary to active because I have become a full time waitress. However, on the days I don't work, I'm relatively sedentary or lightly active at the most.

So on the days that I don't work, do I continue to eat for the calorie requirements of an active lifestyle or do I adjust and eat like I did when I was sedentary?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Do you have an activity tracker? That typically takes guessing work out of these issues.

If not, this can be done a few ways. You can eat at sedentary levels on days you do not work, or you can even out your intake to be the same daily while still meeting weekly goals. That is more of a personal preference on how to do it. But MFP allows these goal adjustments if you decide that route.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Personally I would set it to sedentary and then assess how much weight you are losing. If it's too fast, then increase calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd set it to lightly active to average it out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Agree
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Agree

seconded!
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm probably on the "active" activity level during the week, I usually get more than 10k steps a day and end up with a Fitbit adjustment of around 800kcal most days. But on the weekends if I don't purposefully get out and walk, I end up having a negative calorie adjustment from my Fitbit even though my MFP activity level is set to sedentary. So I keep my level as sedentary, so I don't expect those higher calories until I earn them. I'd end up overeating badly on the weekends if I didn't.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When i was set at lightly active, even if i got 20,000 steps a day i would still lose a couple hundred calories by midnight that night. Do you guys who have higher than sedentary activity levels make sure and leave extra calories in the green every night?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Set it to lightly active, gauge what happens in the next few weeks by your rate of loss.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    When i was set at lightly active, even if i got 20,000 steps a day i would still lose a couple hundred calories by midnight that night. Do you guys who have higher than sedentary activity levels make sure and leave extra calories in the green every night?

I have my Fitbit set up to not do that. You can only earn calories, but it is damn depressive looking in the morning. I start off with about 950 calories, but it pretty quickly bounces up to where it needs to be. It saves me the guessing work of calories removed at night.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »

I have my Fitbit set up to not do that. You can only earn calories, but it is damn depressive looking in the morning. I start off with about 950 calories, but it pretty quickly bounces up to where it needs to be. It saves me the guessing work of calories removed at night.

How do you do that, disable negative adjustments?