Anyone else trying Garcinia Cambogia?

Options
I started this in December, doing a 1/2 dose (2 pills a day) I am now taking the recommended full dose.

My weightloss has been slow and steady, up and down here n there. Wondering if its just a placebo or if its helping.

Wondering how you've been doing on it...

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Again, if these supplements, pills and potions you can buy online worked, wouldn't world governments be using them to quell the billions and billions being spent on obesity related issues?

A little reading and some rational thought go a long way.

https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Placebo. But hey, if you aren't spending a lot of money on it and it's working for you, then continue. If you're spending over $15 a month on it, think about how you will MENTALLY do with out it. Will you be able to maintain weight without it, or will it end up being your crutch?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    They're not getting my money. You might as well throw $20 bills off of an overpass, IMO...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are asking the wrong question. Placebo can help, if they stop you from overeating. But that's all they can do. You have to decide for yourself if paying for pills (or teas, powders, plans, whatever) is worth the money.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Placebo.....pills potions wraps shakes are all high priced woo. Edit to add....honestly if they worked why would doctors do wls and not offer a pack of supplements. If it seems to good to be true it is.

But placebos DO work ...
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If pills worked, no one would be overweight.
    From Consumer Reports:
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/garcinia-cambogia-is-no-miracle-weight-loss-pill/index.htm
    ” The biggest problem with garcinia cambogia, Heymsfield says, besides being a waste of money, is that it distracts people from concentrating on the important things when it comes to weight loss: increasing your activity level and eating a healthier diet."

Well I don't have the distraction. I watch my food intake (minimal junk, stay around my 1400 calorie limit) and I do exercise. If I can't walk, I use my portable elliptical and I kayak/fish a few times a week.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I prefer to waste my money on Lisa Frank's new clothing line.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hmichaud09 wrote: »
    If pills worked, no one would be overweight.
    From Consumer Reports:
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/garcinia-cambogia-is-no-miracle-weight-loss-pill/index.htm
    ” The biggest problem with garcinia cambogia, Heymsfield says, besides being a waste of money, is that it distracts people from concentrating on the important things when it comes to weight loss: increasing your activity level and eating a healthier diet."

Well I don't have the distraction. I watch my food intake (minimal junk, stay around my 1400 calorie limit) and I do exercise. If I can't walk, I use my portable elliptical and I kayak/fish a few times a week.

Keep watching your food intake and exercising, and send me the money you're spending on those pills. I can guarantee you'll still lose weight.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work. I've tried Hydroxycut, SlimQuick, Hoodia and some Green tea one I forget the name of.

Your best bet is to exercise more, drink more water, reduce your portion sizes, reduce/cut out junk, and stay within your calorie limits.
  • paulboothy
    paulboothy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It will be a complete placebo... No solid science behind it :( simply switch up your eating you'll get faster results... Need a hand holla
  • virginiashannon
    virginiashannon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You need to eat Healthy, exercise and give your body the nutrients that it needs along with drinking 1/2 of your weight in water. I found this awesome product, unlike all others. I stopped taking all of my vitamins and only drink this one drink in the morning. I feel better and have more energy, to the point that I am now walking 4 miles a day.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It was a placebo for me. At least I believe it was.
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll prob just finish up my 'stash' of them (2 for 1 on Groupon) and see how I do without them after that.

I drink 1/2 my weight in water minimum... actually 3/4 of my weight on average. I used to walk 5-8 miles a day but now with the heat and humidity I use my portable elliptical while at work.

I need to add crunches etc... Just haven't gotten there yet.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I've purchased it from time to time and have noticed zero difference.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

If you aren't selling anything then why does your email address reference the product?